Do you have to let your child fly solo because you are caught up in an unending task? Don’t worry; Jetblue unaccompanied minor program will ensure that your minor is safe even when traveling alone.
The minor’s solo flying policy at JetBlue applies to children between 5-14 years of age. When parents book flights for their kids of this age, they also have to pay an additional fee. Also, there are many other rules and regulations for this policy.
Read till the end to learn how you can send your kid alone in JetBlue!
How Can I Book A Flight Under Jetblue Unaccompanied Minor Program?
JetBlue provides you flexible options to book tickets for your kid who is flying solo. Here are the top choices:
- With Phone: We recommend parents call the official JetBlue number to buy tickets for the minor solo passenger. Contact the executives after going through IVR, and they will ask for flight details. Further, provide guardian details, and they will confirm the jetblue booking for your child.
- At the airport: Subject to availability, you can buy a seat for your minor at the airport as well. However, parents/ guardians must pay the minor’s unaccompanied fee and personally escort them to the boarding area. They are allowed to leave only after the flight has taken off.
- Go Online: Visit the official website of JetBlue Airlines and fill in journey details like departure date, destination, etc. Lastly, opt for the solo minor travel service, pay the jetblue unaccompanied minor fee of $150 per kid, and secure your booking.
Regardless of the fare option parents have opted for, the youngster will get an equal facility for the additional minor fee they have paid.
What Are The Charges For Unaccompanied Minor Service At JetBlue?
Parents have to pay a charge when booking a ticket for their toddler. JetBlue calls this charge a “jetblue unaccompanied minor fee.” Every airline has a charge in return for providing parents with this service.
JetBlue charges $150 for each child for a one-way ticket. This charge will multiply further if a family sends more than one child on a JetBlue plane. Parents have to pay $300 for a round-way trip for a single child.
What Are The Documents Required For A Minor’s Solo Travel At JetBlue?
You need the following documents at the time of boarding your child at JetBlue:
- Jetblue unaccompanied minor form : 3 Copies Of Filled Form For Each Flight.
- Photo ID Of The Child: To determine the age and parents of the minor.
- Photo ID Of Both Guardians: Whoever is dropping off the kid at departure and picking up the kid at arrival has to present a valid ID with contact details. Both should be more than 18 years old.
Upon jetblue booking, you must keep these documents with you and multiple copies.
Can A 5-14 Year Minor Board An International Flight?
Unaccompanied minors can fly alone on international flights, subject to conditions.
Apart from travel documents, every country asks for certain documents which notify that this minor has permission to travel alone in JetBlue. Also, parents/ guardians must find out their details regarding these documents.
JetBlue is not hosting unaccompanied minors for JetBlue flights flying in and out of London.
What Are The Seating Restrictions At Unaccompanied Minor Jetblue?
JetBlue follows some restrictions to ensure the safety of minor travelers on their planes. Go through these seating restrictions before buying a ticket for your child:
- You cannot book Even More Space and Mint Seats for unaccompanied minors.
- For safety, solo flying kids would be seated on the last seats of the plane. It helps the crew assist the kids as and when required.
- Jetblue unaccompanied minors can sit only on the last ABC seats, as they are reserved for them.
- Only three kids are allowed to fly per plane. Hence, you cannot send more than three children at once for solo travel.
- Unaccompanied youngsters can only be seated on domestic/ nonstop flights. Provision of connecting and codeshare flights aren’t available for them.
Parents must ensure they follow these guidelines to avoid panic during travel.
Dropping off/ Picking Up Guidelines For Parents
JetBlue has released some rules for parents to give their kids a smooth and safe air travel experience. Parents need to look at this list:
- Guardians that drop off/ pick up the kid must have their photo ID for identification. Only those parents/ guardians can pick off and drop off the child mentioned in the form. Both should be 18+ years old.
- Ask for a gate pass from the TSA security point. Issuing you a gate pass depends upon their discretion.
- Adults can’t leave the airport and the gate until the jetblue unaccompanied minor age flight has departed.
- They must arrive before the usual check-in time to keep a margin for these procedures.
- The adult assigned to pick up the minor under Jetblue Unaccompanied Minor Policy must arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled arrival.
- They must produce their valid photo ID as mentioned in the reservation form.
Dial 24/7 JetBlue customer service phone number 1-800-538-2583 to book and know more about jetblue unaccompanied minor policy from live JetBlue travel experts.
Jetblue Unaccompanied Minor Program FAQs
Can my 14-year-old fly alone on a JetBlue plane?
Minors equal to or above 14 years of age do not need to fly under jetblue unaccompanied minor policy. However, they will have to keep a valid photo ID issued by the government to prove their age.
Does JetBlue charge for an unaccompanied minor?
Guardians/ parents must pay $150 per child for each way if their child travels alone on Jetblue. They have to pay this charge at the time of booking the ticket. Also, they have to drop their child at the gate.
Does Jetblue allow unaccompanied minors?
Jetblue allows jetblue unaccompanied minor aged between 5-14 years old on nonstop flights. For this, guardians must pay a fee and accompany them to the gate. Also, they have to stay till the flight takes off.
What is the Jetblue unaccompanied minor phone number?
We cannot book such tickets through the usual GDS system. For this, one has to dial 1.800.JETBLUE and explain the details of their child’s flight to JetBlue Executive. They will book it on their system.
How to fill a JetBlue unaccompanied minor form?
Parents/ guardians have to fill in the detail of their minor/ minors. After that, flight details, information about adults reporting at the arrival and departure, and a legal declaration are submitted.