Have made a Southwest flight booking but made a mistake in provided details? If yes, then worry not. The standards made by Southwest airlines often meet the expectations of people globally. The user-friendly procedures followed by Southwest Airlines makes it a lot easier for people to carry on with their travel without going through any hassle. Southwest Cancellation Policy is the extensive guide created by the airline so that passengers get a comfortable and smooth experience on the flight.
Additionally, if you have made any mistake while booking a Southwest flight ticket or your travel plan has changed, then you can visit the official website of the airline and make Southwest Cancellation. If you want to avoid the hefty cancellation charges on flight cancellation, then make sure to read the cancellation policy before booking Southwest flights.
How to make Southwest Airlines Cancellation?
If you wish to cancel a booked Southwest flight ticket, then you must go to the official website of the airline and do the needful steps. Follow the steps mentioned below to make flight cancellations.
- Type Southwest.com in the search field of a web browser and hit Enter.
- After that, click on the “Change/Cancel” section available on the screen.
- On the same page, provide all the required details, such as confirmation, first name, and last name.
- Click on the “cancel flight” option, and hit the “search” button.
- On the appeared page, you would see the details of your booked flight. Do the needful steps and cancel the trip.
In case you need help to make Southwest Cancellation, then reach out to the customer support team of the airline. Passengers can contact Southwest representatives via the given helpline on the official website of the airline.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy 2019
Southwest Airlines do not offer a refund on all tickets. A refund on a ticket cancellation depends on the type of fare you purchased. However, there are some circumstances in which Southwest offers you a refund on ticket cancellation.
Southwest airlines cancel the flight
- Sometimes, the airlines cancel or reschedule the flight tickets due to any technical fault, operational reason, or bad weather. However, Southwest offers another flight in case of cancellation for the convenience of passengers.
- If the rescheduled flight timing is not compatible with your travel plan, then you can request a refund from the official website of the airline.
24-hours Southwest Cancellation Policy
· Passengers who have made the ticket cancellation within 24 hours of booking are entitled to get a full refund in the original form of payment, irrespective of ticket fare. You can apply for a refund from the official website of the airline.
Southwest Cancellation Policy for Refundable tickets
- Refunds on the eligible tickets are provided in the form of original payment.
- The refund will be credited into the same card if you have purchased the ticket via credit card.
- The refund amount will be processed within seven working days.
- If you have purchased the ticket from an OTA (Online travel agency), then contact them immediately.
Southwest Travel Fund
Southwest Airlines provide you travel fund in case of an unused refundable ticket. Passengers can use the travel fund on future travels within one year of time-span from the original date of booking. Read the Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy on the official site if you want to get into more details about travel funds.
How to use Southwest travel Fund?
Surprisingly, using the allotted travel fund is not as easy as other services available on the official website of Southwest airlines. You won’t be able to find travel funds easily until you search for them. Keep in mind all the below-mentioned points to retrieve travel funds.
- You must know the confirmation associated with the travel fund provided.
- You can use the travel fund to buy tickets only for yourself.
- Use travel funds as the payment option while making the flight reservations.
Southwest Airlines makes its best effort to provide passengers a hassle-free experience. According to the Southwest Cancellation Policy, the refund amount gets processed within seven working days. However, if the refund gets delay and you are unable to get any kind of information, then you are free to get in touch with the airline’s representatives.
How to Get a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
Even on the best days, flight cancellations and delays are common. In more difficult and turbulent times, our travel plans seem to change every day-if, not every hour. If you are aware of the Southwest Airlines Refund Policy, you easily obtain refunds on canceled flights. If you purchased an Anytime or Business Select fare and canceled your booking at least ten minutes before the flight departure, you can request a full refund. Here is what you need to do:
- On the homepage of Southwest Airlines, click the cancel flight button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter the flight confirmation number with the ticketed passenger’s first name, and last name
- The available travel funds or balance for which you can request a refund will be displayed next to your confirmation number.
- If there is a refundable amount, you can choose to return the payment to your original payment method or convert the fare to a travel fund.
Request a refund by phone
Call Southwest Airlines and explain why you need a refund. The agent on the phone will ask you to provide the flight details such as confirmation number, ticket number, or additional flight information. If you decide to contact Southwest Airlines customer service by phone, visiting their website can also help.
Request a refund by letter
Southwest states that you can write to their refund department by sending your letter to this address.
More information on Southwest Airlines Refund
- Not every Southwest Airlines fare is refundable. Southwest Anytime and Southwest Business Select tickets are refundable; However, Wanna Get Away fares are only reusable but not refundable. So it’s better to use Southwest Airlines Change Flight service for nonrefundable fares and fly on the desired new schedule.
- Unused, unlimited refundable tickets can be used for future travel or refunds within one year from the date of ticket issuance.
- All eligible refunds are provided based on your original payment method.
- The refund department will process the eligible refund to the original credit/debit card within seven working days from the date of receipt of your request.
- Then, it may take up to 10 business days for your card issuing bank to credit your account.
Watch Southwest Airlines Flight Review
Related more links: