American Airlines Cancellation Policy +1-860-374-7617 | 24x7hr Customer Service
Think of a situation where you are strolling on the California beaches, relishing the warmness of the sun, utilizing sunscreen in your tan skin, you don’t want that this time ends ever, but then you remember that you have a flight back home on the next day. So, you want to cancel your booked ticket but you can’t because you know that it will cost you so much. Stay worry-free about the ticket cancellation by flight booking with American Airlines, as American Airlines Cancellation Policy is designed as per the customer’s convenience. The airline has created an expansive cancellation policy, allowing passengers to cancel their tickets even at the last moment. Check out the complete cancellation policy mentioned below, including everything about the refund on
What is American Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee?
If you wish to cancel your American Airlines flight, the best way is to cancel the booking within 24 hours of the booking time and receive the money back. However, situations are sometimes not under our control, and we can not pre-decide when we need to cancel the flight. Therefore, passengers must pay a fee to use the American Airlines cancel flight service. This fee will depend on the fare type and time of cancellation and may vary from time to time.
Beyond the 24 hours window, your ticket cancellation fee will be as follows:
- Basic Economy passengers can not cancel or change their domestic or international flights for any fee.
- If you wish to cancel an Economy or Premium Economy Class ticket, you need to pay a 200 USD fee for both domestic and international flights. Note that in case the airline has marked you as a No-show for economy flights, you do not need to worry about the airfare. American Airlines Cancel flight service will issue and credit exchanging your flights.
- Further Business class, First class, and reward tickets do not include any cancellation amount for both domestic and international flights.
Moreover, you can even avoid the cancellation fee if you cancel the flight as per their 24 hours cancellation policy. For more information, you can give a call on the AA contact number and speak to an airline agent for help.
Cancel Your American Airlines Booking Easily
To cancel your bookings, you need to visit the “My Trips” section available on the official website of American Airlines. Go with the steps given below to cancel your booking.
- Go to the “My Trips” section available on the official website of American Airlines.
- Enter the passenger’s first name, last name, and booking reference in the required fields. Then click on the “Find reservation” button available.
After opening your itinerary, you need to click on the “Cancel Itinerary” button for American Airlines cancellation Policy.
In case of any query regarding flight cancellation, you must contact the Airlines directly by dialing the helpline number mentioned on the airline’s website. After canceling your booking, request a refund from the “Request a Refund” from the AA official website.
How to Request a Refund after Cancelling the American Airlines Reservations?
Visit the “Request a Refund” on the AA official website and provide the required details to open your booking. Enter the Ticket Number and Passenger Last Name in the required fields, and click on the “Submit” button.
Further, make the necessary steps to finish the refund request, if required.
24 Hours American Airlines Cancellation Policy
Every AA ticket purchased at least two days before the flight departure can be canceled to get a full refund. However, you need to cancel the booking within 24 hours of the ticket purchase. The 24 hours cancellation rule is applicable to every ticket type, but passengers must cancel their tickets to get a refund. However, if your ticket is part of a group itinerary, then your ticket doesn’t qualify under this rule.
Moreover, you will get a full refund on the booking after the deduction of Sale-imposed non-refundable taxes and Service charges for booking through Reservations.
American Airlines Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket from AA directly, then you can request to get a refund from the official website of American Airlines or contact the Reservations desk. The airline will process your refund within seven days, which will be credited to your credit card and appear on the 1-2 billing cycle statements.
In case you have paid for the American Airlines Tickets by cash or cheque, the airline will process the refund within 20 days from the complete refund request. Moreover, if you have purchased the ticket from a travel agent or a 3rd party travel agency, then contact the source of the flight ticket immediately. To request a refund, you must visit the “Request a Refund” page on the AA website.
American Airlines Cancellation Policy for Non-refundable Tickets
Generally, AA does not provide a refund on the cancellation of non-refundable tickets. However, there are certain situations when people with non-refundable tickets can also get a refund.
- If the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of the purchase. However, the ticket must be purchased at least two days before the departure.
- In case of the death of the passenger or the traveling companion, you can get a refund in the original form of payment.
- If the AA reschedules the flight for 61 minutes or more from the original scheduled departure.
- In the case of military orders or a change in duty, you can also get a refund in the original form of payment.
Moreover, you can also contact the American Airline customer service to know more about this.
Use a Non-Refundable Ticket for Future Travel
Passengers are allowed to apply for unused value for the tickets for future travel as per the fare rule, if:
- The ticket is canceled before the scheduled flight departure.
- Your new trip begins no later than the original ticket purchase.
American Airlines Refund Policy for Purchased Products and Services
If the purchased products and services were provided on an alternate flight, then you cannot get a refund. Moreover, if you were unable to use the services and products, then you are eligible to get a refund on:
- Bag fees
- Pet fees
- Priority boarding
- Same-day flight change or standby