Delta Cancellation policy Phone Number +1-888-293-6007
Delta Airlines is one of the oldest airlines, and it has earned great importance in the aviation industry. The airline helps millions of passengers to travel to their dream destination at pocket-friendly fares. Being one of the best airlines, it offers a very decent Delta cancellation policy to help its passengers.
Sometimes travel plans may change owing to some emergencies. In that case, you may need to cancel your reservation. Most of the passengers don’t prefer to cancel their reservation due to the hefty cancellation charges, but with Delta Airlines, you can cancel your ticket without putting any extra burden on your wallet. As per this comprehensive policy, customers can cancel their Delta Airlines reservations even at the last moments without any trouble. Before proceeding towards cancellation, you must review the cost associated with canceling or changing flights. Charges may vary depending upon the type of your ticket.
24-hour risk-free Delta cancellation policy
Risk-free cancellation means that if you have made a reservation with Delta Airlines, then you can cancel it within 24 hours of the initial booking for any reason, and you are eligible to get a full refund back. You don’t even have to pay any Delta flight cancellation charges for cancelling your ticket. The procedure of 24-hour risk-free cancellation is mentioned below.
- Log-in to your account to find your trip and navigate to the “My Trips.”
- Choose the booking that you want to cancel, and click on the “cancel flight” button to proceed further.
- Provide your necessary details that are asked by the airline and follow the on-screen instruction to confirm your cancellation.
- Full refund will be credited back to you, which will be delivered in the original form of payment.
The airline will process the refund as per the Delta cancellation policy when you have cancelled a reservation within 24 hours of initial booking; however, some credit card issuers or banks may put a hold on your funds. If it happens with you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the card issuer.
Cancel a non-refundable ticket
If you have booked a non-refundable ticket, then you will have to pay cancellation charges, which will be deducted from your flight’s original cost. The remaining balance of your flight ticket will be delivered to you in the form of credit, which can be used for purchasing future travel. Some tickets can’t be canceled or changed, including but not bound to Basic Economy fares. You can cancel your ticket through the Delta Airlines flights official site.
Steps to cancel a non-refundable ticket
- Go to the “Find Trip,” followed by the “My Trips” section on the official site of the airline.
- Enter your last name, first name, and confirmation number in the appropriate fields.
- After this, click on the “Find My Trip” tab and choose the trip that you wish to cancel.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” button to confirm your cancellation.
The cancellation fees of Delta Airlines start at $200 according to your excursion. Check out Fare rules for your ticket to know the applicable cancellation or change fee. The remaining value will be sent as an eCredit, which must be used within one year from the date of issuance. To know more about this, go through the Delta Airlines cancellation policy on the official site of the airline.
Cancel a refundable ticket
If you are not sure about a journey and there is a chance that you may have to cancel your reservation, then you must prefer purchasing refundable tickets. Upon cancellation of a refundable ticket, you are eligible for a full refund.
Steps to cancel a refundable ticket
- Visit the “My Trips” after navigating to the “Find Trip” section available on the official site of the airline.
- Provide the necessary details and select the flight that you want to cancel.
- Now you will discover the “Modify flight” option, click on it.
- After this, perform a click on the “start Flight Cancellation” option.
- Your Delta Airlines reservations will be cancelled by performing all these steps.
Apply for a refund for refundable tickets
Passengers are required to fill out the refund request form on the official site of the airline. To apply for reimbursement, your ticket should be the refundable ticket, booked with a check, credit card, or cash. The refund will be sent in the original form of credit.
Apply for a refund for ticket purchases that are unused
If you want a refund for the trip purchases that are unused such as a Wi-Fi pass, Sky Priority Boarding, and other amenities, then fill out a form on the official site of the airline. All the amenities offered by the airline are not refundable; check out their details on the Delta Airlines official site before requesting a refund.
Apply for a refund for Trip Protection
If you haven’t used Trip Protection coverage, then apply for reimbursement by filling an appropriate form.
Check refund status
After submitting the refund request form, you need to check the status of your refund request. Check its current status from the airline’s official website.
Cancelling over phone
Passengers can cancel their reservation via the phone number of the airline also. Call the reservation desk and get in touch with the airline executives. Tell them that you want to cancel your reservation and share all your details with them. You can also request a refund if you are eligible for it. You can also ask about all the details related to the Delta cancellation policy.
Always consider Delta Airlines if you are not sure about your travel plan. I hope the information mentioned above is beneficial to you. Share your feedback in the comments section below.