United Unaccompanied Minor Travel Policy
Young travelers are always welcome on United Airlines. Those who want to send their minor children alone can check out the United unaccompanied minor travel policy. As per this policy, you can let your underage child travel by himself on United Airlines flights.
We need to send our precious kids to travel alone. As the saying goes, you can’t stay with them forever. So, you can rest assured when they are going for a summer vacation camp or simply visiting your oldies. While traveling as a United Airlines unaccompanied minor, they will be in the right hands.
United never fails to amaze its customers, so you will also be glad about the services. Let us dig more information on United unaccompanied minor travel and book a flight!
Why choose United airlines unaccompanied minor travel booking?
If your child is between the ages of 5 and 14, also, he is to travel alone on United Airlines, the United Airlines unaccompanied minors booking is necessary. With this service, the children get many benefits, such as
- Boarding early to get extra time for settling in before the flight takes off or any normal boarding begins.
- One free snack on flights where a food purchase facility is available.
Not only this, but the united unaccompanied minor policy is also available upon request for children between the ages of 15 and 17. However, this is completely up to their choice or their parents/guardians.
What are the basic requirements of United unaccompanied minor travel?
For children to travel as unaccompanied minors United Airlines has set some basic requirements. So, if a child is traveling alone without a legal guardian or someone at least 18 years, you can opt for this service if you follow certain safety necessities.
In order to book flights for unaccompanied minors, keep these in mind.
- There are only nonstop travel options on United and United Express flights. Codeshare partners flights or other United partners flights will not allow the children under the united unaccompanied minor policy.
- You should not have any connecting flight to or from another airline.
- The child must be at least five years old to travel as an unaccompanied minor, even when they are accompanied by an older child traveling alone.
- Children between 15-17 have the benefit of flying as unaccompanied minors only if they choose to do so; otherwise, they can travel alone independently.
- For every two children traveling under the United airlines unaccompanied minor service, the fee is 150 USD each way.
What is the traveling fee for unaccompanied minors on United flights?
In order to send your minors alone on the flights, you must pay the United unaccompanied minor fee, which is decided as pairs, not on a per-child basis. The basic fee for sending your minors onboard is 150 US dollars each way. So, a round trip costs straight double the amount of one-way flights.
Fee chart for unaccompanied minor United Airlines
|No. of Children||One-way fee||Round trip fee|
|One||150 USD||300 USD|
|Three||300 USD||600 USD|
|Five||450 USD||900 USD|
What if two or more children are traveling without a legal guardian together?
Suppose that there are two or more children traveling together without a legal guardian. In that case, the age of the youngest will determine whether they need the United Airlines unaccompanied minors service or not.
Take a look at these situations below,
- Children below the age of five must travel with a parent/legal guardian or a person who is 18 years old or more.
- Suppose the youngest traveling passenger is between the ages of 5 and 14 and the oldest is 15-17; the United unaccompanied minor service still applies.
- Let’s say a traveler aged 15 to 17 uses the unaccompanied minor service. In this case, he must book the trip on the same booking. This makes it easy for the passenger to get a combined service fee on flights.
How do I book United unaccompanied minor travel for my child?
Do you now wish to book flights for your unaccompanied child on United airlines? Here are a few available methods for you.
In order to book United airlines unaccompanied minors flights, visit the official United website!
- You can start the booking process for minors through the United airline’s official website under the “Advanced Search” option.
- Here, you can choose the number of traveling children based on the age range as per the day they will travel on.
- After that, follow the same guidelines to book a flight that you generally do.
- Next, you can enter the payments section and pay the unaccompanied minor fee united airlines has set.
- Complete the booking process.
Call United Airlines customer service phone number
To book travel for your child on a flight without any guardian and let them travel alone, you need to call United Airlines customer service at 1 (800) 864-8331. The airline will allow you to choose an unaccompanied minor service booking for your child.
However, keep note that the airline will charge you a 25 US dollar service charge. This is an applicable charge for any bookings made through the customer service center.
Anyone falling under the minor category set by united Airlines can travel as a united unaccompanied minor if the conditions mentioned above satisfy. There are also some important instructions before, after and during the travel which are mandatory. You can call on the given phone number and learn about them in detail. So, feel free to connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read More Related Airlines Blog: