Are you among the travelers who want to travel in your favorite seats? Well, if yes then selecting Turkish Airlines for your next trip will indeed be the best decision for you. With Turkish Airlines, you can easily get your desired seat for a trip to your dream destination.
Flying in more than 120 countries, Turkish Airlines was founded in 1993 by the government of Turkey. The airline is known for providing maximum comfort during the journey. With its high-end aviation facilities, it delivers the utmost comfort to its valuable passengers.
So, if you are here to get complete insights to get your favorite seat and learn about the Turkish Airlines seat selection policy then you should be with this article till the end.
How To Select Seat Under Turkish Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
The Turkish seat selection policy was released by the Airlines to enhance the flying experience of passengers. All the economy class flyers traveling a long distance will benefit from the facility.
- Under the Turkish airlines’ choice of seat option, a passenger can book their seat 100 days prior to the check-in of an international Economy Class flight.
- Also, they can get seat selection for free by booking through the official Turkish Airlines website.
- Get this on Northern Cyprus (Ercan), PremiumFly (ComfortJet), AnadoluJet domestic and ExtraFly (ExtraJet) flights 90 minutes before the scheduled departure.
For further info about the Turkish Seat Selection Policy, you can connect with its live person or reach out to its official website.
Can I Choose a Seat on Turkish Airlines?
Yes, indeed. According to the Turkish Airlines seat selection policy, there are different stages where you can select a seat as per your comfort and budget. As per your flying status, Turkish Airlines choose seat is available for the following time:
- Business Class Flyers: Regardless of flight distance (long haul/ short haul) and status (domestic/ international), you can reserve a seat anytime before the check-in period of your Turkish flight ends.
- ExtraFly and PremiumFly Passengers: Regardless of flight distance (long haul/ short haul) and status (domestic/ international), you can choose a standard seat between 355 days to 1.5 hours of scheduled takeoff of your flight.
- EcoFly/ Regular Flyers: You can choose a standard/ extra legroom/ emergency exit Turkish seat upto 6 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
Note: If you don’t select a seat for free or through payment, you will be assigned a random seat when you check in for the flight.
How to Select a Seat on Turkish Airlines?
Do you wish to travel without compromising on your comfort? You can choose a window seat, aisle seat, or any seat with extra legroom, thanks to the Turkish Airlines Seat Selection facility from the national carrier of Türkiye.
The seating policy of Turkey-based airlines lets you choose a seat for free if you hold a business class ticket for any domestic or international flight. All you have to do is check your bookings online.
Read more to learn when you can book a seat for free or pay for it.
When Can I Select My Seat on Turkish Airlines?
Reserving a chair via Turkish Airlines Seat selection is possible when buying your ticket. Or, you can pick a seat later by going to my bookings option.
- Firstly, visit the official website and enter the destination & arrival airports with dates.
- After that, choose your desired flight and enter details like last name, first name, class of travel, etc.
- The website will show you a 2D Turkish Airlines seat map model.
- If your ticket category falls for free seat selection, you won’t have to pay a fee.
- Afterward, the airline will show you the entire journey cost, including the charge of picking a chair (if applicable).
- Finally, head towards the payment gateway and submit the final fee. The airline will allow you the desired seat at the time of check-in.
- Firstly, check out the home page of the Turkish website and enter your PNR details.
- The website will identify your website. If this doesn’t work, log in to your account and head to the manage my bookings section.
- Select the journey for which you want to select a seat on Turkish Airlines.
- Verify the ticket details. If your ticket qualifies for a seat assignment, you will get the option on the left corner of the page.
- Using the seating map, pick the desired seat and pay the amount (if applicable). Regardless of your fare class (economy or otherwise), some seats are available without paying a penny.
- Finally, you will receive the confirmation mail and seat details once you have made the payment.
- From A Phone Call:
- Firstly, dial the Turkish Airlines Customer Service Number 080005 01565.
- Wait for the IVR to guide you to the seat assignment process.
- Once you connect to the 24/7 live agent, tell them whether you have booked the ticket or not or if you are seeking seat selection after booking your ticket.
- They will process your details and let you know if you are eligible for paid/ free seat.
Pay the fees accordingly and receive details of the allocated seat and your flight details.
Step to Follow When You Selecting Seats on Turkish Airlines
Know all steps of seat selection Turkish Airlines here:
- Firstly, the passenger has to visit the www.turkishairline.com website. It is the official portal of the airlines.
- After that, they can fill in the PNR details. If asked, fill in the ticket number as well.
- Also, open the prompted 2D model of Turkish Aircraft.
- Finally, pick the desired seat. Lastly, pay the Turkish airlines seat selection fee.
How to Cancel Seats And Get Refund Under Turkish Seat Selection Policy?
Due to unforeseen events, the airlines might not provide your booked seat. However, the carrier would still offer the best seat possible Also, the airline doesn’t guarantee the selected seat due to security and operation issues.
What Are The Rules For Seat Selection Turkish Airlines?
- If the Turkish carrier hasn’t booked the desired seat under your name, don’t worry. There might be operational problems, and you will get a refund of the Turkish airlines seat selection fee.
- The passenger can apply for the seat selection only for the flight ticket they have bought. In case of booking another flight, the passenger can’t ask for the transfer of choice.
- The passenger can’t ask for a refund of the Turkish airlines seat selection fee if they cancel/ change the flights they requested earlier.
- If the commuter’s expensive seat is replaced with an alternative seat after boarding, they can apply for a refund. However, the flyer won’t get a refund if they have changed the seats to a less expensive option.
- Also, you won’t get a refund for the seat selection fee if you’ve upgraded the economy seat to a business class seat.
- Turkish Airlines accepts requests for emergency seats only for those who fulfill the basic requirements for the said seat.
- The travelers can request refunds within one year of the flights only. For this, they have to reach out to the call center and sales executives.
How much does it cost to select a seat on Turkish Airlines?
The Turkish Airlines seat selection price may vary depending upon your class of travel. The business class can book it for free, while others may have to pay.
- Business class travelers can book any seat for free on all flights.
- Economy class travelers:
|Seat Type||Flight Type||Fees|
|Standard||Domestic + Northern Cyprus||45 TRY|
|Emergency Exit Seat||Domestic + Northern Cyprus||60 TRY|
|Extra Legroom Seat||Domestic + Northern Cyprus||75 TRY|
|Extra Legroom Seats||International||$19- $129|
Note: Business Class Flyers can book seats between 355 days to 90 minutes before the flight’s departure. Turkish Airlines Seat Selection Cost for economy flyers would vary for international travelers due to how close they book seats before departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read More Related Airlines Blog: