United Airlines Seat Selection- Select Your Seat in Advance
Nobody wants to be separated from their travel partners while onboard. Even if someone is alone, they have a seat preference which they want to take. The United Airlines seat selection allows you to choose a preferred seat on board and fly with comfort.
United Airlines is always considerate of its passengers. One of the most convenient features of United is its seat selection process. You can use the online system to select a seat on the plane. This not only saves your time but also guarantees comfort on the plane.
Let’s take a few moments to understand the seat selection process of United Airlines in detail!
What is United Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
When you fly United Airlines, you need to know a lot of things about the airline’s rules. The United Airlines Seat Selection Policy states that you can select a seat onboard as long as you are eligible for that particular seat.
Here are the details:
- For a comfortable seating spot on United Economy flights, you need to choose the seats. The economy seats have standard legroom, but they are quite near the front of the aircraft. That’s why you can enjoy a better seat and early onboarding.
- If your fare allows you to select your seat in advance when booking, it will show you which seats are available.
- Every passenger is different, depending on their frequent flyer status. If you don’t have an identity, you’ll usually see a seat map where only the seats behind the wings are available. Also, for some seat selection United Airlines usually allows the middle seats only. In that case, aisles and windows will be severely restricted, usually the last few rows.
- United charges an additional fee for Economy Plus, a seat with extra legroom in front of the wings. Some Premium Frequent Flyer members can choose these seats for free. There are no states. You might be able to choose them if you’re willing to pay more.
- Some height-restricted fares do not allow advance seat selection. Codeshare tickets generally do not allow advance seat selection.
- When you do not select a seat by yourself, the computer will assign you a seat at check-in or may give you a seat map to choose from. It may be better to check in directly within 24 hours rather than the long wait until you reach the airport.
On the contrary, the economy plus is the only section where you can find seats. But the exact seating criteria when you do not select a seat yourself depends on the airline. Let’s know more about seat assignments on United Airlines and how to choose one.
Travelers can change or select a new seat for every fare except for the United Airlines basic economy. For such tickets, the seat selection is only possible while you are booking a flight up until checking in.
How do I select my seat on United Airlines?
The process of United seat selection is simple and can be carried out in two ways:
- Select seats at the time of booking.
- Choose seats using United Airlines manage booking service.
You can freely choose one method or another as per your condition and requirement. However, to get your hands on your favorite seat, it’s better if you choose earlier. Let’s go through these steps below and take in the process to select seats on United Airlines flights!
United Airlines seat selection process:
- To select seats on United Airlines, go to the airline’s official website and look for the “My Trips” option.
- After clicking this button, you will see the United Airlines Manage booking service, where you will find seat selection options.
- Wait for the seat plan to load. You can choose any seat that is not grey.
- There is no extra charge for white seats, but an additional charge for blue and orange seats.
- When you hover over a seat, a box will appear showing the seat number and any other charges for that seat.
- By clicking on the seat for the first passenger, you can finally select seat United Airlines and continue.
- Next, select the seats of the other passengers. After selecting a seat, the selector automatically switches to the next passenger.
- Once chosen for all passengers in the group, click the Next flight button and select seats for all connecting and return flights.
- After you have selected seats, click the “Next” button again.
- See all flight details on the next page and verify them. Do not forget to provide an email address to receive the ticket confirmation.
Lastly, you can pay the United Airlines seat selection fee and confirm your seats onboard with the airline. The fee structure through depends on the seat type and your booking class.
You can easily choose seats on United Airlines and enjoy exciting flights. However, you need to keep several things in mind before you complete the United Airlines seat selection. I hope our above article will be helpful. Also, for more information, dial the given United Airlines seat selection phone number and get in touch with the experts.