Plans are meant to change without prior notice. Hence, you may have to cancel your flights and suffer huge losses last minute. However, southwest airlines change flight policy would help you change your plans if you want to postpone or prepone your travel journey.
For example, you don’t have to pay a fee to cancel or change your Southwest Airlines flight. It is one of the few low-cost domestic airlines that won’t charge you anything for such services. However, there is more to know for better clarity on the policy.
Hence, let’s read the full policy details before changing the date or destination of your booking.
Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy
Certain conditions make southwest airlines flight change policy different from other airlines in the United States. Find out the policy conditions below relevant for a flight change with Southwest:
- A Passenger must change their Southwest reservation atleast 10 minutes before departure.
- Further, when changing less than 10 minutes before departure, the flight would be subject to a no-show policy, and the entire fare will be forfeited.
- Also, a fare difference will apply per passenger per leg of the journey.
- However, if the new flight is cheaper, you will get Southwest Airlines flight credits for the difference.
- Besides, call customer service when you want to modify the itinerary of one or a few people in a multi-person reservation.
- Also, call customer service when you wish to increase or decrease the number of passengers on your ticket.
- In case of involuntary rescheduling of your flight, you can change the new itinerary within 14 days at no additional fee.
- Furthermore, Southwest airlines change flight policy allows you to modify the booking an unlimited number of times.
- You can modify your booking even after you’ve checked in for the upcoming flight.
If you still have questions regarding the flight change rules that apply to your booking, kindly dial 1-800-I-FLY-SWA® and speak to an agent.
How Do I Change My Flight on Southwest Airlines Online
When you’ve booked an online ticket from the official website of Southwest or any other direct source, you can modify the booking directly from the website. The process is as follows:
- Visit the official website to log in to your Southwest account.
- Further, enter the account number and password for the same.
- Find your bookings from the side menu.
- Also, click the “Southwest airlines change flight” below the respective flight.
- Now you will have the option to choose an alternate destination or date.
- Besides, you can click the explore options button too to browse flights.
Finally, you have to pay the difference in fare to confirm booking the new flight. Also, if the new fare is cheaper, the airlines will refund the amount as credits for future use.
How Do I Change Southwest Flight on Mobile App?
Passengers can change or cancel any Southwest flight through its mobile app if they have booked the ticket via the official website, mobile app, customer service, or any other direct method. The process is as follows:
- Download and install the official mobile app from the app or play store.
- Further, open the app by logging in with your credentials.
- Go to the southwest Airlines flight change/ cancel option.
- Also, choose the respective flight or add confirmation ID and first name.
- Now you must select an alternative date or destination.
- Besides, you must pay the fare difference, if any.
However, if you cannot modify your itinerary due to technical issues or ineligibility, kindly resort to offline methods such as visiting the airport or branch office or calling customer service.
Southwest Airlines Change Flight Offline
When you cannot modify your itinerary online or don’t see many options, resort to traditional yet effective methods of changing your Southwest Airlines’ reservation.
- Southwest Airlines phone number: Talk to someone at southwest customer service by dialing 1-800-435-9792 to split passengers from a reservation, change the number of people flying, or modify the date & destination of a flight.
- Visit The Nearest Airport: If passengers live nearby an airport and are tired of waiting long hours on customer service numbers, they can simply visit the airport and talk to a Southwest agent to modify their ticket.
- Go To A Southwest Office: When you live nearby a regional office of the airline, don’t waste time and pay a visit. The agents will help with complex changes such as splitting the reservation and changing the number of passengers on the journey.
When none of the methods works, contact a Southwest OTA (Online Travel Agency) at 1-860-318-2831, and a seasoned travel professional will modify the booking.
Change Flight on Southwest Airlines with Companion Pass
According to the Southwest airlines change flight rules, you must cancel the companion’s flight first if they are flying with the companion pass.
Once you cancel the companion’s flight (which has a separate booking ID), change the flight of the original passenger and add the partner back to the new ticket. However, ensure that there are atleast 2 seats left during the southwest flight modification process. It helps ensure the transition is easier, and you can add your partner.
Companion passes are an initiative from the Southwest airlines to increase the sales and help users put their points to a productive usage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make amends for a plane ticket on the same day?
If you wish to make amends for a plane ticket on the same day, it may depend on what type of fare you’re holding. If you’re holding a refundable fare, you can modify the flight itinerary before the 10 minutes scheduled departure time. However, make amends in non-refundable fare at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time, that’ll cost you a change fee.
Can I change my flight to a different location?
Yes, Southwest Airlines allows its flyers to reschedule or make amends in flight itinerary to a different location. However, it may cost you a change or cancellation fee depending on the fare type you reserve. To do so, you have to visit southwest.com on your device and navigate to the trip you want to change. On the flip side, you’ll get an option to modify your flight destination.
How many times do I make amends on Southwest flights?
If you’re holding any fare type of Southwest, you can make amends several times 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. But that’ll cost you a specific amount of change fee.
How to redeem travel funds?
If you’re holding a non-refundable fare and need to cancel it, you may receive a partial refund in the form of travel credit. But that’ll cost you a $6 security fee portion to cancel a non-refundable ticket reserved with Southwest points. You can easily use travel credit to purchase tickets on Southwest.
How do I change Southwest Airlines Through Mobile App?
When you need to make amends in flight itineraries, a perfect way to access Southwest Airlines’ modification is through a mobile app.
- Install the Southwest mobile app on your device.
- Sign into your account with credentials.
- On the app, click on the three dots.
- The new tab pop up on your screen.
- Click on the “Change flight” section.
- To locate your booking, enter your booking number or last name.
- Now, select the “Change Flight” option.
- Select the flight you want to travel on.
- Pay the applicable charges if needed, and you’re done.
Can I change my Southwest flight for free within 24 hours?
If you modify within 24 hours of booking, you can get a full refund without incurring extra charges. Southwest Airlines provides a 24-hour window to make amends in flight itinerary free of cost without worrying about excessive fees.
Can I change my name on an airline ticket Southwest?
If you want to make a name change request on Southwest flights, consider opting for the airline name change policy for smooth modifications.
Here are the given ways to opt for name correction on Southwest flights-
- You can make amends in name through the ‘Connect with us’ page tab on its official website or by calling the airline customer service number.
- You can also drop down a text on airline social media handles, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Read More Recent Blogs: