Wish to watch the skies from your window or need more legroom during your flight? No worries, as you can now buy a seat under Spirit airlines seat selection policy for just $5. However, there is more to the policy that you must know.
The seat selection policy of this ultra-low-cost carrier allows you to sit at any seat you want in exchange for a fee. However, the airline will automatically assign you a seat if you aren’t choosy.
Read the subtopics and make an informed decision the next time you book your flight with Spirit.
How to Select Seats with Spirit Airlines?
You can buy a seat right after booking your tickets at Spirit Airlines. Follow this process and book your seat for the journey:
Online process for Spirit Airlines Seat Selection :
- Firstly, visit the official website of Spirit Airlines and accept the cookies.
- Secondly, go to the check-in option and fill in the details such as Last Name, Flight Confirmation Code, and others to proceed towards the next window.
- After that, click the check-in button again, and you will find the details related to your reservations on the screen.
- Since you want to secure your seating option under the spirit airlines seat selection facility, go to the select my seat option.
- Afterward, you will see the seat map of one of their planes. For instance, the Spirit has Airbus A319, Airbus A320 32A, Airbus A320 32N, Airbus A321, and Airbus A321 32B in its fleet.
- Select a seat to know its price. These prices to book a seat vary according to route, plane, and seat type.
- Pay the necessary amount as per the spirit seat selection program.
Offline process Online process for Spirit Airlines Seat Selection :
- Initially, dial the Spirit Airlines Customer Service phone number.
- Allow the IVR process to guide you towards a live spirit agent.
- After that, a travel agent will connect with you and ask you about your query.
- You must provide them with your ticket details and the seat you wish to book.
- They will inform you of the spirit airlines seat selection fee for your desired seat.
- Send the payment on the provided link, and you will get your favorite seat.
Get more info on spirit airlines seat selection by calling the Spirit Airlines seat selection phone number 855-728-3555 and talk to 24/7 spirit travel agents.
What Is The Spirit Airlines Seat Selection Fee?
You must pay a fee of $5 to book a seat at Spirit. However, this is a basic amount, and the price may change depending upon your destination, plane, and the seat you have booked. It has both economical and luxury seating options. These are:
- Big Front Seats: These are the costliest seats to reserve. However, they have the maximum leg room.
- Deluxe Leather: These are the next best alternative for seat selection on spirit airlines.
- Exit Seats: Usually, these are 1″ wider than the big front seats.
Apart from that, you have the option to book non-window, aisle, or windows seats from the economy seats. You would still need to pay to reserve a seat from economy seats.
How Do You Choose Big Front Seat On Spirit?
As per the Spirit Airlines Seat Selection policy, a passenger has three types of seats to choose from: Economy, exit seats, and Big Front Seats.
These seats are your best bet when passengers need a more spacious flight seat without being an elite member or asking for an upgrade. The airways have three types of aircraft, and the number of Big front seats on all these planes is different:
- A321 (32B): 4 Seats
- A320 (32A/ 32N): 8 Seats
- A319 (319): 10 Seats
When you select seats from the map, take a closer look at the front seat that they have specially modified with 32% more legroom and removal of the middle seat. You might have to pay anywhere between $25 to $150.
Note that this amount depends upon the route, distance, fare type, and booking time. The early you buy the seat, the lesser price you have to pay for it.
What Happens If You Don’t Select A Seat For Spirit?
If you are not demanding and comfortable with any seat, then there isn’t a need to buy a seat from Spirit. The seat assignment fee applies only to those who wish to choose a preferred seat.
When you don’t fill a preference for the seat, you will be assigned a random seat when you check in for your Spirit flight. Sometimes, the flight assigns you a spacious deluxe seat even when you don’t ask for it.
Hence, not paying the Spirit airlines seat reservation fee doesn’t mean that you won’t get a seat. Passengers flying on a short-haul flight don’t need to worry about choosing a seat.
Spirit Airlines Seat Selection Policy FAQs
How do I contact spirit airlines to pick a seat?
You can call the official spirit airlines booking number at 855-728-3555 and ask them for assistance in buying you a seat. They will gladly help you and offer options per your budget and comfort.
What are the Big Front Seats At Spirit Airlines?
Big Front Seats are luxury seats offered under the spirit seat selection policy. Furthermore, these seats have leather covers, and their pitch is 36 inches. Also, 18.5 inches wide seats offer almost 6 inches more legroom.
Do you need to buy a seat with Spirit?
If you don’t care where you sit, there isn’t a need to buy a seat at Spirit. You would automatically be assigned a chair when the check-in window opens 24 hours before the flight’s departure. The minimum charge is $5.
How to pick my seat on Spirit Airlines?
Check out the My Trips section for spirit airlines choose seat facility. Follow the directions and reserve a seat after paying a fee. To purchase a seat within less than 24 hours of departure, go through the online check-in process.
How much does it cost to pick your seat on Spirit?
Spirit randomly assigns seats to its passengers upon check-in. You must pay a minimum of $5 to book a seat. Also, these prices vary as per route and seat. Hence, a seat next to friends/ family isn’t guaranteed.