Spirit Airlines cancellation & Refund Policy +1-860-734-5495
Plans change – Spirit understands this and thus it offers simple and decent Spirit Airlines cancellation policy. The airline offers several options to cancel or make changes to your existing booking. Spirit Airlines is an ultra-low-cost carrier in the United States, which offers some incredible services to its passengers. Spirit has a fleet size of 153 and it operates its flight services to 77 destinations. If you want to cancel your current booking due to any sudden change, then read the cancellation policy of the airline in detail.
Make cancellation at much ease with Spirit Airlines
You must know the points and facts related to the cancelation policy of the airline before cancelling your flight ticket.
- Some passengers are eligible for cancellation and making changes at free of cost; check out the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy to know the eligibility criteria.
- If you are cancelling or changing your booking within the 24 hours of the initial purchase, then you don’t have to pay any charges for this, but make sure you are cancelling a reservation at least or more than seven days prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. In this case, you are eligible to get a full refund in the form of travel credit.
- If any passenger wants to cancel his/her Spirit Airlines reservation after the 24 hours of the purchase, then, he/she will be charged with the cancellation fee. A cancellation fee will be deducted from the original amount of your money and the remaining balance will be issued as a credit shell.
- Passengers are allowed to make changes up to one hour before the departure of the flight.
- If in case, your new flight fare is less than the original flight fare, then the airline will issue a Future Travel Credit that can be used up to 60 days from the date of issuance As per the Spirit Airlines refund policy. You are allowed to use this credit for your future travel.
- If the new fare is more than the original fare, then you will have to pay the difference in fares, including a difference in government fees and taxes.
- If you are cancelling your reservation online, then Spirit Airlines offers you a $10 voucher per one way as an added benefit. This voucher can be used for future travel if the cancellation fee is more than the value of the reservation.
- Please note that Spirit Airlines does not offer refundable fares to its passengers. It helps them to keep airfares low for all the passengers.
These are the major points related to the cancellation policy of the airline.
What is a Flight Flex?
Not sure about your travel plan? If yes, then add Flight Flex to your booking. This is the modification charge protection, which is available on the Extras page while making a reservation on the Spirit Airlines official site. Add this option to your itinerary, and you are allowed to modify your booking once, up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight without any charges. You can make changes online only. If there is any difference in the optional services and airfare for the requested alternate flights or dates, then the customer will be responsible for it, not Spirit Airlines. Any difference in fees and taxes is also the passenger’s responsibility.
- One can only purchase Flight Flex while making a booking.
- You can’t purchase Flight Flex for the existing reservation.
- Passengers can make changes only for once after they purchase Flight Flex.
- Flight Flex may not be available for purchase on all the Spirit Airlines flights.
Purchase Flight Flex and read the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy for smooth cancellation of your flight ticket.
How to cancel Spirit Airlines reservations?
Spirit facilitates passengers with two different options to cancel their existing booking; you can use any of the methods.
Spirit Airlines official site
The airline likes it when you do things online. Online cancellation is less expensive and it is the quickest method also. Follow these simple steps to cancel your booking.
- Open the official site of Spirit Airlines.
- Click on the “My Trips” option, available on its homepage along with other options like book, Spirit Airlines check-in and flight status.
- Enter the last name of the passenger and a confirmation code. You can find your confirmation code in the confirmation e-mail.
- After filling these important fields, click on the “Continue” tab to retrieve your entire reservation.
- Now, click on the booking you wish to cancel and confirm your cancellation.
Spirit Airlines agents
You can reach out to the Guest Service Agent available at the Guest Contact Center or airport to cancel your purchased flight tickets. You will have to pay higher charges for this, because when an agent makes changes or cancels a ticket for you it costs them resources and time. The agents will help you to cancel your reservation without any hassle.
Spirit Airlines cancellation policy allows passengers seamless cancellation even at last moments.
How to get a Spirit Airlines refund?
Getting refunds from large companies can sometimes be difficult, and people end up dealing with a lot of paperwork, hours of online research, and headaches. Getting a refund from a company is not necessarily tiring or nerve-wracking. There are many companies that make you suffer from forms and questions. Spirit Airlines is one of them. Using the Spirit Airlines refund policy to apply for a refund has a minimal chance since the airline doesn’t provide refundable tickets. Because it helps the company provide low prices, you cannot get a refund from the airline. You can change or cancel your reservation, but you cannot get your money back. Spirit Airlines Member Club is also non-refundable.
There may be a refund exception from the Spirit Airlines booking department if one doesn’t use the ticket because of the passenger’s death during or before the flight. In this situation, they must present a death certificate to the Spirit’s relations department for guests in the form of an attachment. You must forward the required documentation to the help center of spirit Airlines. You can also apply for a refund by sending a letter to the Spirit Airlines customer service department.
Note: getting a refund to the official payment form is possible in case a passenger cancels their flight within 24 hours of the initial booking. If they fail to do so, they may only receive future travel credit from the airline. You can further use this credit to rebook flights with Spirit Airlines. The airline, however, offers a generous flight changing policy. Passengers can use the Spirit Airlines Change flight service and change their bookings without any extra charge.