Hawaiian is a very popular airline in the aviation industry, due to the user-friendly services it offers to its passengers. Passengers never face any problems once they decide to choose Hawaiian as their travel partner. The airline understands all the needs and concerns of its passengers and it knows that emergencies can occur at anytime. Keep this fact in mind, the airline offers a very simple Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy for the convenience of its customers. Under this policy, you will never encounter any problems while canceling your ticket.
Being the largest airline and the flag carrier of Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines operates its flight service to 28 different destinations. The airline has a fleet size of 61. Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is the main hub of the airline. The airline is just perfect for travelers; comfort and pleasure are what you will get on your journey. If you have made Hawaiian Airlines Tickets and now you are unable to take your flight due to some unavoidable situation, then you can cancel your booking with much ease.
What is 24 Hours Cancellation Policy on Hawaiian Airlines?
As per the Hawaiian Airlines 24-hour cancellation rules, you can cancel your booking with the airline and receive a full refund. Here are the following conditions:
- Cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase (on the same transaction day).
- You bought the ticket more than 7 days before the flight’s departure ( a week before take-off).
The Hawaiian Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy provides relief to all types of travel class tickets, including the cheapest category (main cabin basic).
How Do I Cancel Hawaiian Airlines Flight Tickets?
Those days are a matter of the past when canceling a flight ticket was a huge task, now you are permitted to do it from the comfort of your home. Carry out the below-mentioned steps to cancel your booking without any additional effort.
- Navigate your browser to the official site of the airline.
- On the homepage of this website, click on the “Manage Flights” option, and click on it to proceed further.
- After clicking the option, you will discover various options like Hawaiian Airlines check-in, flight status, My Trips, and my receipts.
- Click on the “My trips” option to cancel your existing booking.
- You will see two fields, fill those.
- First, enter your last name and then the confirmation code or ticket number.
- After this, click on the “View My Trip” option.
- Your entire reservation is now opened in front of you.
- Choose the one you desire to cancel.
- Click on it and then click on the cancel flight tab.
- You have to click the “confirm” tab to confirm your flight ticket cancellation.
- Claim for the refund if you are eligible for it.
Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy is simple and decent with which you can cancel your reservation at the earliest.
How to Cancel a Hawaiian Airlines Flight Through Mobile App?
Hawaiian has its exclusive mobile app where you can manage your bookings and cancellations. Here is how you can follow these steps to cancel bookings online via the mobile app:
- First, open the iPhone or android play store to download the original application.
- Next, install and launch the application.
- Further, log in to your account or sign up for free. Otherwise, you can continue to work as a guest.
- Afterward, go to the Manage flights option and add the passenger’s last name and booking id.
- If you don’t have the ticket identification details, find them in the booking confirmation email you received while booking the Hawaiian airlines reservation.
- Press cancel this booking and follow the rest of the prompts. You will receive cancellation fee details before you cancel the ticket.
Continue with the prompts to revoke your booking, and you will receive the ticket amount in 20 business days.
Cancel Hawaiian Airlines Tickets at The Airport
When you are already at the airport and no longer wish to continue with your connecting flight, seek assistance from Hawaiian staff at the airport. They will cancel the unused part of the ticket and let you know the relevant cancellation fees and refund amount.
Use Hawaiian Airlines Customer Service to Cancel Flight
Talk to a live person at Hawaiian airlines to cancel your flight by dialing 1 (800) 367-5320.
- Initially, dial the customer assistance number of Hawaiian that we mentioned above.
- After that, wait for IVR to guide you to the right expert.
- While on the waiting period, collect your booking reference ID, date of booking, passenger’s name, and other information regarding the ticket that you wish to cancel.
- Next, inform them about cancelation/ booking your flight when your connection is established.
- They will verify your booking details and let you know of any service fees and cancellation charges at hawaiian applicable.
- Follow the prompts for payment, and they will cancel your booking and initiate the refund process, if applicable.
We suggest you cancel the booking within 24 hour cancellation policy of Hawaiian to avoid any charges. Usually, the airlines will refund you any amount within 20 business days. You will receive a confirmation email regarding the cancellation query at the airline.
How Much Is Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Fee?
Cancellation charges at Hawaiian Airlines are upto $250 per adult. This fee may differ per your travel route and we will accept credit or cash as a refund.
|Flight Type||Amount (Adult)||Amount (Child)|
|Flights from Hawaii to Japan||USD 250.00||USD 250.00|
|Flights from North America to Japan||USD 200.00||USD 200.00|
|Flights from Japan to US||JPY 30000||JPY 22500|
For refundable fares, if you opt for credits for future travel as a refund, no cancellation fee is applicable on your Hawaiian flight. However, if you opt for a cash amount, the following charges will be deducted:
|Service/ Cancellation Fee||Amount|
|Travel within Hawaii||$25.00|
|Travel within continental USA||$100.00|
|Travel between continental USA and Hawaii||$100.00|
The refund would be available within 7 business days for credit card purchases. For payments via other sources, the refund period is 20 business days from canceling the Hawaiian ticket.
Hawaiian Airlines Delay Compensation
When Hawaiian Airlines cancels your flight or delays it by more than 3 hours, you are entitled to receive a flight delay compensation for the loss of your time.
The airline offers refreshments, temporary hotel accommodation, and a ground transportation facility as compensation to its stranded flyers. In other circumstances, you will receive a travel credit valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy : Terms & Conditions
Hotel Accommodation is available
- When Hawaiian flight delay exceeds 3 hours and falls within 10 pm to 6 am
- Also, when no transportation is available to stopover/ destination
Airlines will provide a night’s stay at their choice of hotel, provided we are not residing in the city where the delay occurs.
Meals are available
- Flyers can receive one meal voucher when the delay exceeds 3 hours.
- Also, no alcoholic beverages are given to travelers.
Transportation is available
- The hotel doesn’t offer a shuttle service to and from the airport.
- If you have a receipt for transportation costs when the airlines couldn’t arrange one.
Hawaiian Travel Credit
- When flyers opt for travel credit for their delayed flight, they give up their right to hotel, meals, and transportation facility offered as compensation.
- Travel credits as delayed compensation are valid 365 days from the issue date.
- The voucher for future travel is not saleable, transferable, refundable, or assignable to others by the user.
You may receive a full refund under the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Rules in the original form of payment or travel credits, whichever is applicable as per the fare category.
Easy Process For Flight Cancellation with Hawaiian Airlines
Canceling a flight ticket is no more a hassle, as Hawaiian Airlines allows individuals to cancel their reservations with just a few clicks. The official site of the airline is the best way to cancel your existing booking seamlessly. You can get in touch with the travel experts to cancel your reservation.
Just share all your details with them and complete your cancellation in the blink of an eye. Before proceeding towards cancellation, there are a few points that very passenger may know about the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy–
- Passengers, who are canceling their reservation within 24 hours of the original purchase, are eligible to receive a full refund from the airline.
- To get a full refund on the canceled flight ticket, make sure that your booking must have been made at least seven days or more prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
- If you are canceling your flight booking within 24 hours of the initial reservation, but you have made a booking within seven days of the scheduled departure of your flight, then you will have to pay a Hawaiian Airlines cancellation fee.
- It is necessary for you to cancel your booking if you are not able to take your flight, otherwise, the no-show policy will be applied to your entire journey.
- under this policy, you will not get any money back.
- All the fares, taxes, and charges will be deducted.
- Passengers are required to pay the seat charges if they are making their cancellation within 24 hours of the departure of the flight.
These are some important and noteworthy points of Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy. You must know all these facts if you are thinking of canceling your booking.
Hawaiian Airlines Refund Policy
While we talk about cancellation, the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind is a refund. No one wants to leave all his/her money after canceling a flight ticket. If you are canceling your reservation with the airline, then you must know if your ticket is eligible for a refund or not. If your ticket is eligible, then claim for the Hawaiian Airlines refund and receive your money.
Certain Points Related to Refund Policy of the Airline are-
- All the passengers are eligible for a full refund if they are making cancellations within 24 hours of the original booking.
- They must have booked flight tickets at least one week prior to the departure date.
- Travelers are required to fill out the refund request form that is available on the official site of the airline.
- If all the portions of your ticket are unused, then you are entitled to a refund, which is equal to the charges.
- Fares applicable to the original ticket you have purchased as per the Hawaiian Airlines refund policy.
- After 12 months of the original date of the issuance of the ticket, no refunds will be processed.
- Refund will be processed in the form of travel credit that is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
Check out more details about the refund policy of the airline from the airline’s official site.
Hawaiian Airlines Involuntary Refunds
You must now have a clear idea of Hawaiian Airlines voluntary refunds. But no one has a clear picture of how Hawaiian Airlines handles the involuntary refunds. The Hawaiian Airlines refund policy also stipulates this section as well. You can read more to find the criteria for involuntary refunds by Hawaiian Airlines.
How to Get Involuntary Refunds from Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines offer you refunds in some cases where the passenger or airline itself refuses your flying. These situations occur when,
- The airline refused to allow you to travel regarding their Children and infants acceptance rules.
- IF there is a refusal for transport
- Also, in case of Flight Changes, delays, Cancelations, or changes in Aircraft.
- Furthermore, if you surrender the unused ticket part to Hawaiian Airlines.
- Or the cancellation of a flight does not include your interference in any part.
How Do I Rebook My Hawaiian Airlines Flight?
Hawaiian airlines rebooking policy allows you to reschedule your booking with the airline at a nominal fee/ for free. Here is how you can modify your itinerary if your plans change:
- Firstly, the passenger needs to visit the official domain of Hawaiian Airlines.
- Next, they can log into their account to cancel the reservations.
- Further, click the My Trips tab in the Manage Flights menu.
- After that, enter the details of the flights you have just canceled. These details include the passenger’s last name and a ticket number. Both are available in your confirmation email.
- Choose the rebook another flight button.
- Finally, choose another destination and follow the rest of the prompts.
Lastly, pay the change fee and fare difference, if applicable, to reschedule your flight with the airlines.
Read More Related Airlines Policies:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel Hawaiian Airlines Reservation?
Individuals must visit the view my trip after Hawaiian Airlines login. Otherwise, they can speak to someone at Hawaiian by dialing the customer service number. The executives will cancel or rebook their reservations.
Can I get my miles back if I cancel my Hawaiian Airlines flight?
Yes, you will receive a refund against canceling Hawaiian miles tickets. To retrieve your miles, get in touch with someone at the airline by dialing 1 (800) 367-5320. Or, you can use the chat feature or Hawaiian’s website to check your miles credit status.
Do Hawaiian airlines charge a cancellation fee?
Passengers must pay $200- $250 as a Hawaiian ticket cancellation fee. All airline tickets are non-refundable, and you will receive credits after reducing this cancellation fee. Apart from a 24-hour risk-free period, you can’t get your full money back.
Can you cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight and get a refund?
Unfortunately, most Hawaiian Airlines flight tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable unless stated otherwise. But the Restricted Refundable fares are the only ones where the passengers won’t get a refund without requesting. If the passengers need a refund for their wholly unused tickets, they will receive travel vouchers which are valid up to one year from the booking time.
Will Hawaiian Airlines waive the change fee?
Passengers can avoid the Hawaiian Airlines flight change fee if they rebook their flight ticket prior to 2 years from the time of purchasing their first ticket. Moreover, they should also travel using the ticket within two years from the initial time of booking for the original ticket. However, they must pay a difference in the booking amount if the new ticket happens to be a higher class ticket.
How long do Hawaiian airlines take to refund?
Generally, if your flight tickets are eligible, Hawaiian Airlines will refund the amount to your account within seven business days. However, you will only get the amount if your ticket was booked using a credit card. Besides that, it will take 20 business days for a refund if you buy tickets through cash, checks, etc.