Get Top-Notch Services Alaska Airlines +1-888-541-9118
The process of cancelling a flight ticket can be very daunting as it entails frustration, confusion, and huge cancellation fee. Most flexible travellers don’t make a reservation with the airlines as their travel plan is never confirmed and they are afraid of paying the cancellation charges. They may need to cancel their reservation at any moment. If you are also one of those travellers, and not sure about your travel plan, then check out the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy. The airline offers an incredible cancellation policy for the convenience of its passengers.
Alaska understands that anyone might need to cancel his/her plan, that’s why it facilitates passengers with the decent cancellation policy. Check out the potential cancellation fee in advance and save your time and money. Check out the details of the cancellation policy of the airline.
24-hour cancellation policy
When you plan a trip, obstacles start to pop up when you least expect them; it is a complicated process. With Alaska Airlines, you don’t have to worry about anything. No matter what kind of hurdles you are facing, you can flexibly cancel your Alaska Airlines reservations without any hassle with its 24 hour cancellation policy.
Passengers can seamlessly cancel their current booking within 24 hours of initial purchase without paying any cancellation charges. All the amount of your unused ticket will be refunded back to you. You are also allowed to make one-time changes in your itinerary without any fee. Before proceeding towards cancellation, there are certain points you must know related to Alaska Airlines cancellation policy.
- If there is an increase in the fare and taxes of your new booking, you will be responsible for it, not the airline.
- If you wish to cancel or change your booking within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time of the flight, then you will be charged with a $125 change fee. You are required to pay the seat charge and the remaining amount will be refunded to you.
- Before cancelling your purchased ticket, check whether your ticket is refundable or not, if so then cancel your booking easily and request for refund.
- To cancel your booking without any fee, your booking must be cancelled seven days prior to the scheduled departure of flight.
- If you are cancelling your reservation within seven days of the scheduled departure, then you will be eligible for refund, but the Alaska Airlines cancellation fee will be deducted from your money.
- No changes are allowed for the Saver Fares, though these guests are allowed to cancel their ticket and claim for refund.
- If you are making a cancellation after crossing the deadline, you have to pay a cancellation fee, which will be charged depending upon the category of your ticket.
- It is highly suggested that before proceeding towards cancellation, take advice from the travel experts available at Alaska Airlines.
These are the main points that every passenger must know. You must go through all the wordings and status of Alaska Airlines cancellation policy while cancelling your flight booking.
Refund policy of Alaska Airlines
Passengers are eligible to get full refund on their cancelled ticket if they are cancelling their reservation within 24 hours of original booking. You are eligible for full refund only if-
- You have made your booking through the airline’s official site, ticket counter of the airline, or Alaska Airlines reservation call centre.
- Your booking must not include a government fare.
- Your reservation must not contain a Saver Fare, after the first 24 hours of booking.
- Your purchased ticket must not be a part of a vacation package or group booking.
- You have paid for your booking through US dollars.
- Unaccompanied minors are not booked on an air carrier other than Alaska Airlines.
All these are the important points of Alaska Airlines refund policy. Your booking must meet the criteria mentioned above if you want a full refund on your cancelled booking. if you have purchased a non-refundable ticket, and it is wholly unused, then these must be refunded back in the original form of payment upon cancellation. Make sure to receive full reimbursement, you have to cancel it within 24 hours of the initial reservation. Non-refundable tickets cancelled after a 24 hours window will receive a credit deposit or credit certificate in the wallet.
How to cancel Alaska Airlines reservations online?
Navigate to the Alaska Airlines official site and provide all the details that are needed to cancel your reservation. Below are steps to cancel flight booking on Alaska Airlines.
- After opening the official website, click on the “Manage” option on the airline’s homepage.
- Fill the passenger’s last name and confirmation code/e-ticket number to proceed further.
- To view trip details, Alaska Airlines check-in, change dates & times, cancel or change a reservation, and change seats, use your confirmation code.
- If you want to use the value of your unused ticket to a new booking, you have to fill the e-ticket number.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Choose the reservation you wish to cancel, select it and cancel your booking.
Follow all these steps and your booking will be cancelled. I hope now all your queries of Alaska Airlines cancellation policy is solved. Please give your feedback in the comments section below.