Did you mistakenly type the wrong spelling of your name or someone from the reservation? Volaris name change policy can save your hard-earned money. However, it also has some restrictions you need to know before taking advantage of this facility.
Under the change of name facility, the passenger can rectify their mistake on a Volaris reservation without a fee or by paying a minor charge. Also, this name modification is allowed to a limited extent only.
Let’s explore our options regarding the name modification at this airline.
Volaris Name Change Policy
Volaris offers one of the most flexible name correction policies. However, it has certain restrictions so that any passenger doesn’t take unlawful advantage of the facility.
Here are the terms & conditions of name change you must know:
- Firstly, if the passenger has bought a ticket using the Volaris electronic credit, they cannot modify their name.
- Also, when the flight starts and the traveler doesn’t show up for a part of their booking, they aren’t eligible to rectify the details on the ticket.
- The facility to change your name on a Volaris ticket closes by 1:30 hours before departure. After that, one cannot edit anything on the booking.
- Further, the new name of the passenger printed on the ticket must match the passport.
- Do you wish to change your name completely on the Volaris booking? Kindly provide a strong supporting document issued by the state government.
- Lastly, one cannot change the type of ticket. For example, one cannot convert an adult ticket to a minor’s booking or old-age flyers.
Still stuck with the question of how to change my name on a volaris airlines ticket. You can visit the Volaris airport office or kiosk and seek assistance in correcting your name.
For the Volaris Name change, keep these points in mind:
- You have until 1 hour and 30 minutes before your flight’s departure to change the name.
- Call Volaris Airlines Customer Service Number 1(866) 988-3527 to request a name correction and pay the name change/correction fee.
- The agent will require some of your flight details and help you change your name on the ticket.
You can not transfer your tickets to another person under the Volaris Name Change policy in any situation.
What is Volaris Tickets Name Correction Policy?
When you do all the things online, sometimes there appear to be typos, like while entering your name, contact number, etc. Let us assume that you misspelt your name while booking a Volaris flight. In that case, you can request a name correction for a fee.
The Volaris name correction policy applies to your first, last, or middle name. You can also make legal name changes with the carrier. However, people involved in fraud can not make the changes, requiring a court order to make a legal name change per their country’s guidelines.
We advise you to confirm all the details while making a Volaris Airlines Booking & ensure you do not enter any wrong information leading you to change it later.
Legal or Marriage Name Change Policy
Although Volaris Airlines does not allow the customers to make changes as in name transfer, they can still change names due to marriage or divorce. The airline requires the necessary documents in this situation. Here are the details:
- For marriage, you need to provide your marriage certificate to the airline.
- In case of divorce, any legal issue, etc., you must provide a legal proof document to the airline.
Volaris Name Change Guidelines
- The Volaris Name Correction service is not available if you have bought your flight tickets using the Volaris Electronic Voucher/Credit.
- To change the name, it should exactly match the one in your ID.
- You can not change the name if your flight has already departed, and you did not show up for a part of it.
- If you wish to change your adult ticket to an elder/senior citizen or an unaccompanied minor.
- Your overseas flights are mandated to contain the correct names, so make sure you change name accordingly in case of mistakes or typos.
If you follow these above guidelines, you can also avoid the volaris airlines name change fee. Besides, if there is a minor error in the spelling, you can do so free of cost. The airline will charge a name change fee only if it is necessary.
How to Change Your Name On a Volaris Ticket?
You can change your name on a Volaris ticket by visiting the official website or dialing the Volaris Airlines phone number +1 855 VOLARIS (8652747).
Volaris Name Change By Using Official Site
- Firstly, check out the official home page of Volaris Airlines and visit the MY TRIPS menu.
- After that, fill the form with details such as the passenger’s last name and booking code. Make sure to verify all the information about this booking.
- Further, go to the Manage Booking option. Here, locate the option with which one can make changes to their Volaris flights.
- Finally, follow the rest of the prompts and edit your name on the booking.
Lastly, note that the airlines provide this facility for a fee. Hence, you will be redirected to the payments gateway after editing the name to save the modification.
Volaris Name Change By Dialing Volaris Customer Service
- Volaris name change phone number is available till 1:30 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. Do not wait and immediately call travel assistance.
- Passenger can call the reservation at +1 855 VOLARIS (8652747), they must wait until IVR connects them to the travel expert.
- Once you speak to someone at the airlines, place your request for a name change along with your booking ID and the modifications you wish to make.
- Next, the travel assistant will check if you qualify for those changes. If so, they will ask for the payment and rename your ticket.
Travelers must confirm if their ticket details match their documents, especially in the case of international travel.
How Much Does Volaris Charge For Name Change?
The Volaris Name Change cost can range from $0- $400. The name correction policy amount depends on whether you seek a major or minor name change.
Minor name changes include swapping of first name and last name. Also, one can easily identify these mistakes. It includes rectification of two-three characters in a name. At the same time, a major name change requires documentary evidence. The flier may also have to write a declaration for such modification and a fee.
How to Avoid the Name Correction Fee At Volaris?
If the passengers identify early that they have entered the wrong details, they must cancel Volaris flights. Cancel your booking under the 24-hour cancellation policy and book a new reservation with the air carrier. You can avoid the name change fee and book a ticket with almost the same fare.
See More Related Blog Post Links
Submit your review