Get updated information about the name change facility of Alaska Airlines.
Did you mistakenly enter the incorrect initials of your name or enter the wrong spelling of anyone in the booking? The Alaska name change policy lets you modify the name on a confirmed ticket with/ without a nominal fee. For minor changes, however, you don’t have to pay a fee.
Sometimes, you might also need to change your name due to a change in your marital status. The policy covers most circumstances where you knowingly or wrongly have entered a name not present with the same spelling on your documents.
Hence, let’s review the eligibility conditions for Alaska name change on tickets.
What Is Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy?
The policy to change the name in Alaska Airlines tickets lets you modify names on a reservation under some conditions. For example, if there is a clear similarity between a misspelled name on the booking and the original documents, one can change the name for free.
Here is what you can do with the Alaska Airlines change flight facility:
- Firstly, the client can alter their last name on their tickets due to divorce/ marriage.
- Alaska name change on ticket lets you invert names (interchanging first and last name positions).
- You can also submit your full name if you have extended last/ first names.
- Also, you can change letters (change of vowels) in a word.
Lastly, you can also call Alaska Airlines customer service executives to add your middle name to the booking, supported by a legal document.
How to Change Your Name on Alaska’s Mileage Plan?
Dial Alaska air reservations number 1-800-654-5669 to place your mileage plan name change request. Use the facility to change passenger’s name on the ticket policy anytime.
Did you change your name on all your legal documents but still get stuck while using your Mileage points? As per the Alaska Name Change policy, you have to change your account name first to keep your previously earned points even when you change your name officially.
Working hours for a name change on Mileage plan account and other queries are:
|Monday-Friday||7:00 am – 7:00 pm PT|
|Saturday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm PT|
Alaska Airlines Change Name On Reservation Process
Passengers can use the Alaska name change on ticket facility by talking to someone at Alaska Airlines customer service. Otherwise, they can also use the airport kiosk or visit the official website.
Method 1: Visit The Official Website
- First, go to AlaskaAir.com, the official homepage of the airline.
- Further, check out the manage booking available on the main menu.
- Afterward, enter details such as the passenger’s last name and confirmation code/ e-ticket number.
- Click continue and verify all your booking details.
- Once all details are visible, click the change name option available on the corner of the page.
- The policy Alaska Airlines Name Change doesn’t ask for any supporting documents for minor changes.
- You may have to wait 1-2 days for approval from the airline’s company for major changes.
Upon approval, print the boarding pass with the latest details. Make changes accordingly. The online change lets you modify booking only upto three characters.
Method 2: Use Alaska Air Customer Service
- Initially, dial 1 (800) 252-7522 to speak to a live representative at Alaska Air.
- Further, wait for the IVR to respond.
- Next, listen to all the automated instructions for necessary service.
- Press # to repeat instructions (in case you missed them).
- Dial 2 to use Alaska Airlines change name on reservation policy.
- Press 4 and speak to a real human to file a name change request.
- The expert will ask you for booking details and the changes you wish to make.
After you pay the Alaska name change fees, the expert will complete the request and give you access to a new ticket and boarding pass. Download and use it for your upcoming travel.
Method 3: Use Self Service Kiosk At The Airport
- Initially, locate the self-service kiosk of Alaska Air at the airport.
- You can fill in your query on self-help kiosks, and the machine will generate a response.
- Use the machine to enter your flight details, such as booking ID and the passenger’s last name.
- Further, verify the ticket details displayed on the screen.
- Next, click the modify your name option as per the Alaska Airlines Name Change policy.
- Enter the old and new spellings (upto 3 characters allowed) and save the changes.
Finally, you can print your new boarding pass and enjoy the journey.
How Much Is The Alaska Airlines Change Fee?
For Alaska Airlines change name on ticket facility, you must pay $125 as a change fee. However, the Alaska Airlines Name Change policy charges a different amount for different classes of travelers.
Refer to this table to know your charges:
|Fare Class||Name Change Permitted||Charges|
- The changing name facility r on a reservation is free 24 hours from booking the ticket, provided you purchased it at least 7 days before departure.
- After 24 hours, you need to pay the change flight fee.
- MVP Gold/ Gold 75K Mileage Plan members get waiver on changing fee for their Alaska Airlines flight. Hence, they don’t have to pay any fee.
Read More Related Blogs Here:
- Alaska airlines cancellation policy
- How to get Alaska airlines senior discount?
- Alaska airlines unaccompanied minor
- Alaska airlines missed flight
FAQs On Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
Can I change the name on an Alaska Airlines ticket?
Surely you can. Alaska Airlines change flight name facility lets you modify spellings/ partial names with a payment of $125. However, if you are a gold member, you won’t have to pay this fee, and you can even transfer the ticket to another traveler.
How do I change my name on my Alaska Airlines account?
The Alaska Airlines change fee is $150 for a full name change. You can call the customer service team experts at 1-800-654-5669 to change your name if you have a false name in the ticket. However, when you change your mileage plan account name, you might get it for free.
Does Alaska Airlines allow name changes?
The Alaska Airlines change name on ticket policy allows you to modify your reservation and mileage plan account name. For both types of name change requests, you can dial 1-800-654-5669 or 1-860-374-7617 and place your request with documents (if necessary).
How much does Alaska Airlines charge for a name change?
The standard fee for changing name on an Alaska Airlines ticket is $125 for major requests. If you have a minor request for upto 3 characters, there is no need to pay a fee. Also, saver fare travelers are not eligible for this facility. Call reservations to place a name change request.
Can you transfer a plane ticket to someone else’s name Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines transfer ticket to another person facility is not available. All tickets sold by these airlines are non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes are only free within 24 hours of purchasing the booking. Also, the ticket must be bought when more than 7 days are left for flight departure.