What is Spirit Airlines Pet Policy?
Do you wish to travel abroad or anywhere domestic with your furry partner! Well, being able to take your most loved pet aboard is what makes your perfect journey. If you plan to make a booking with your pet, then you may have the upper hand. Spirit Airlines allows your little domestic pets to travel in all cabins on domestic flights, including flights to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. However, you need to know about the Spirit Airlines pet policy before booking the pet travel with them.
Moreover, Spirit Airlines even allow emotional support animals on their flights if required. Besides, starting this January, the transportation Ministry requires all emotional support animals to be updated and will travel as pets. And, you can purchase Spirit Airlines tickets if they meet the following criteria:
- They must be domestic dogs, cats, etc.
- Little house rabbit.
- Small poultry.
- Note: Small rabbits and birds are not allowed on flights between Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
More Detail: Spirit Airlines Low Fare Calendar
How can you make flight bookings for your pets?
If you wish to book your pet onboard with Spirit, first, you may abide by the Spirit Airlines pet policy international or domestic. Further, you need to make a call to their flight reservations department. The airline allows pets on board and permits you to make flight bookings for them over the phone. Moreover, booking pets in advance offers you one extra benefit. Because Spirit Airlines only allows six pet carriers on each flight, and you can reserve one seat for yours.
Moreover, you can contact Spirit en Español Telefono round the clock and book pets without visiting the airport in person. However, if you need to check-in, the service is not available online. To check your pets with their carrier, you need to visit the airport within 24 hours of the flight departure. The airline also does not allow Kiosk or self-service check-ins. Therefore, make sure to have enough time for these purposes when you leave for the airport.
Essential guidelines for traveling with pets on Spirit Airlines
Before you book Spirit Airlines Reservations to travel with your little furry friend, you may abide by the following rules and regulations for pet travel.
- Except for passengers traveling on USVI, Spirit Airlines does not require a health certificate for pets traveling with guests.
- Pets traveling with guests to Puerto Rico must have a valid rabies vaccination certificate.
- Spirit only allows small domestic puppies, cats, small poultry, and small rabbits to board the aircraft.
- You can take Birds to travel to and from Puerto Rico or Virginia, USA. City. If you call the customer service number of American Spirit Airlines, you can get detailed information about the matter.
- Spirit Airlines will not accept spiders, snakes, rodents, and other foreign pets. In addition to this list, Spirit Airlines’ pet policy also specifies that “other unusual animals” may or may not be allowed on their flights. They even clear that if these other animals can fly spending on factors such as the size of the animal.
- Each container can accommodate up to two pets, but one guest can only carry one container.
- You must make sure that your pet is upright and can walk comfortably in the container.
- During the flight, the animal must remain in the carrier.
- Pets should be at least eight (8) weeks old and fully weaned.
- Animals must be harmless, have no odor or smell, and may not need any assistance during the flight.
- If the animal becomes offended or disturbed before leaving the gate, Spirit will deny the boarding of your pet.
- Pets must not be sick, violent, or unwell.
- It is recommended that you call the Linghang customer service number to inform in advance.
- You can choose to sit in any position other than the first row and the emergency exit row.
- The combined weight of the pet and the carrier must not exceed 40 pounds.
What will be the Pet Booking fee?
To ensure a seat for your pet, you need to pay $110 as a Spirit Airlines pet policy fee for each pet container on their one-way flight. This means Spirit will charge you a fee of $220 for bringing your pet on a round trip. Also, pet carriers must meet the same size requirements as hand luggage because you may keep them in the cabin.
Since Spirit is concerned about the safety of the animals traveling with them, they only permit your furry friends/pets to fly in the cabin stored under the seat in front of you. Spirit Airlines will charge $110 for each carrier. The airline also limits the total no. of carriers to one passenger each. However, if you have two little animals of the same species, and they get along well, you can put them all in one carrier for only one fee.
Note: If you gain more detail about Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy so don’t waste your time and get free cancellation charge.
Spirit Airlines Service Animal Policy
FAA requires Spirit Airlines (and all other airlines operating within the United States) to allow service animals to accompany their owners on flights. Nevertheless, it is still recommended that you bring all the documents with you and fill out the form in advance to take the Spirit Airlines pet policy service dog with you onboard. You need to follow all the rules and regulations. Only then the airline will allow you to take them on board. Also, the service animal can sit on your lap. But on a condition that it may not be larger than the lap child size. Furthermore, if you need any information, contact Spirit Airlines representatives for help.