How do I Cancel my Singapore Airlines Flight Ticket
The aviation industry has now achieved daily appreciation from people owing to modern technology involved for the convenience of passengers. Flights have become a favorite option for traveling nowadays. Besides this, airlines offer some incredible services to their passengers. One such airline is Singapore Airlines which is well-known for its great services like easy booking, decent Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, hassle-free check-in, etc. With this policy, you can cancel your booking from anywhere around the world.
Singapore Airlines covers 62 destinations and has a fleet size of 137. In the list of the best airline around the world, Skytrax ranks the airline in number one position. The major hub of the airline is Singapore Changi Airport. Singapore Airlines is a top-notch airline and you must consider it as your travel partner. If you are planning a trip, then make Singapore Airlines reservations to fly affordably.
Rules of Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy
In case you booked your flight ticket to an imminent trip with Singapore Airlines, but due to unforeseen circumstances, you can no longer travel on that day. Therefore, the airline allows its flyers to cancel flight tickets without worrying about the refund amount. Before making a final decision, you can go through the Singapore Air Cancellation Policy. Keep reading the below-mentioned key pointers to learn key guidelines of cancellation policy so that you can hassle-free proceed further-
Key guidelines of Singapore Airline Cancellation Policy
- Singapore Airlines allows its flyers to cancel flight tickets via its website and acquire a full refund if the flight tickets are on a refundable fare.
- If you’ve booked refundable flight tickets with Singapore Airlines, you’re eligible for a full refund.
- If you’ve booked non-refundable flight tickets, you’re eligible for a partial refund that includes only the refundable taxes.
- To obtain the full amount of your flight ticket, you must cancel within the certain time frame stated on your reservation.
- If you’ve booked a flight ticket with Singapore Airlines, you must cancel without penalty within 24 hours of your reservation.
- Further guidelines may be applied for cancelling tickets for passengers from different regions.
- Under the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, if you’ve reserved your flight tickets with its partner airline, the revocation will lay on the whole trip, and each passenger carries a reservation for the same trip.
Singapore Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Under the Singapore Airline Cancellation Policy 24 hours rule, you can cancel a Singapore airline and receive a full refund. These are the following conditions:
- Firstly, the flight must be arriving to/ departing from the United States of America.
- Also, you must cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- Further, you must purchase the ticket directly from Singapore Airlines.
- The refund would be available only when you directly cancel it from a local Singapore Airlines Office.
- Lastly, you must buy the ticket atleast 7 days before the flight’s departure.
The 24-hour rule is valid for all types of tickets despite their travel class. After that, the cancellation fee charge will depend upon your fare class.
Singapore Airlines Award Cancellation Policy
You must pay upto $75 to cancel your Singapore Airlines flight booked with KrisFlyer miles or priority club points. Youre miles will be redeposited automatically after you’ve canceled the flight. The charges depend upon your fare category:
|Singapore Airlines / SilkAir Date Change
|Singapore Airlines / SilkAir Route/ Cabin Class/ Award Type Change
|Partner Airlines date/ route/ flight/ carrier change
|award tickets / Upgrades miles redeposit
Note: As per the Singapore Airlines Cancellation and Reimbursement, passengers won’t get miles refund if they cancel a used/ partially used ticket. Hence, apply for cancellation only when you’ve not used your ticket.
Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy
Flights cancelled by Singapore airlines are eligible to receive compensation in the form of credits/ vouchers/ or alternative bookings. Hence, the Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy provides four options for its passengers:
- Book an alternative flight without any additional cost at your convenience.
- Get a refund for the unused portion when a Singapore Airlines flight is canceled.
- If flyers have traveler’s insurance, they can seek a claim against these cancelations.
- Lastly, flyers can ask for bonus flight credits that they can use later to book flights with Singapore Airlines.
Hence, ensure you have proper evidence that the flight’s cancellation affected you. If you did not receive prior notice from Singapore airlines regarding the flight’s cancellation, you are eligible to receive more compensation.
Singapore Airlines Delay Compensation
As passenger rights, you are entitled to compensation when Singapore airline delays your flight. As per EC 261, all Singapore Airlines originating from the EU will compensate their passengers as per the distance traveled by plane.
When the flight arrives late by 3+ hours, the following compensation rate applies:
|Domestic and international
|Less than 1500 km
|Intra community flights
|1500 km – 3500 km
|International and domestic
- When your flight was delayed on arrival by more than 3 hours, but before 4 hours, the compensation amount you will receive will be half of what you have obtained otherwise. Singapore Airlines Cancellation and reimbursement policy don’t cover extraordinary circumstances.
- The Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation amount is the same as provided in case of flight delays.
Make Seamless Cancellation with Singapore Airlines
Nobody in this world wants to cancel his/her booking after confirming it, but life is not in our control. For these kinds of situations, you must be aware of the cancellation policy of the airline. The cancellation policy of Singapore Airlines is completely user-friendly. If you are familiar with the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, you can claim your refund easily.
How Much Is The Singapore Airlines Cancellation Fee?
Flight cancellation fee at Singapore Airlines starts at $100 and goes as high as $300 for a ticket. Also, the charges depend upon the fare category you’ve picked for your journey.
Also, there is a separate cancellation fee for award tickets. For example, no-show and reimbursement fees are applied together, and only the refund left after these deductions are given to you.
While canceling a flight ticket, there are many questions that come to everyone’s mind such as-
- How can I cancel my booking?
- How much does it cost to cancel a flight?
- Am I eligible for a refund?
- Will I be charged a cancellation fee?
To clear all these questions here are some points related to the cancellation policy of the airline.
- Like all other airlines, you can cancel your reservation without any charges within 24 hours of the initial purchase.
- If anyone is canceling his/her booking after 24 hours, then he/she will be penalized.
- Singapore Airlines cancellation fee depends upon the ticket class you purchased, and not on the cabin class you are traveling to.
- If you didn’t board your flight and you didn’t even cancel your ticket, then the no-show policy will be applied to your entire itinerary.
- The No-show fee of the airline depends upon your travel class.
- This 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- Singapore Airlines’ cancellation policy is accessible 24/7, which means you are allowed to cancel your current booking at any time of the day.
- If you have made a booking through a travel agent, then you have to contact him for the cancellation.
- Passengers who have flown some parts of the itinerary and now want to cancel all other bookings, then they can do it from the “Manage to book” section available on the airline’s official site.
- If you have added insurance to your travel at the time of booking, then you can save more money as compared to other passengers.
This was all about the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy. Passengers must go through all these points if they are thinking of canceling a flight ticket.
How to Cancel Singapore Airlines Tickets Online?
Flight cancellation is another thing after ticket booking that is majorly searched by passengers. Before starting the cancellation process, you must have known each fact related to the Singapore flight cancellation policy. In case you wish to cancel a Singapore Airlines flight ticket. You can do so all by yourself through an online process or contact a customer representative to cancel flight tickets on your behalf. However, it’s up to you which option you choose, but to cancel a flight ticket, you’ve to do it before the 24-hour window closes.
Below are the steps to cancel your existing booking on the airline’s official site.
- Browse Singapore Airlines’ official website.
- Sign into your account with credentials.
- On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Cancellations Webpage’ click on it.
- Fill out the following information-
- Booking invoice or reference number.
- Name of the registered flyers.
- Press enter to proceed further.
- Locate the ‘Manage Booking’ tab, click on it,
- Click on the ‘Cancel Booking’ tab.
- It’ll forward you to the next tab.
- Enter the following information-
- Passenger first or last name.
- Booking invoice number.
- Click enter to proceed further.
- Review the flight summary.
- To apply for a refund, click on the “Travel Funds.”
Everyone wants deeply detailed information about Singapore Airlines Booking and for this contact the airline representatives via its phone number. They will provide you the useful and good information about the same. The agents are available round the clock so that passengers can get immediate assistance whenever they require it. Reach out to the air travel experts and seek their guidance to cancel your booking.
Apart from this easy cancellation, the airline also offers other incredible services to its passengers like smooth Singapore Airlines check-in, with which passengers can check in for their scheduled flight without any additional effort.
Singapore Airlines Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your scheduled flight, then you must have an idea regarding the refund policy of the airline.
- To get a full refund on your canceled ticket, make sure that you are canceling your purchase within 24 hours of booking.
- Make sure that your reservation has been made seven days or more before the flight departure.
- Cancel your booking from the official site of the airline for a full refund, if you have purchased it directly from the airline, on a refundable fare.
- If any passenger is canceling a non-refundable ticket, then the airline will only refund the taxes as per the Singapore Airlines cancellation refund policy.
- Cancel your booking within a given deadline to qualify for the refund.
- Promo tickets of the airline are non-refundable as they are discounted tickets.
- The amount of refund depends upon your destination, the class of tickets, and days prior to the flight departure.
- A refund will be sent to all passengers on the debit card or credit card they used to confirm their reservation.
All these are the main points of the refund policy of the airline.
How do I Get a Refund from Singapore Airlines?
- Singapore Airlines allows you to cancel your flights for a refund if you bought a refundable fare ticket from their official website.
- If you already canceled or wish to cancel your flight booking, you must know how to obtain a refund.
- The Singapore airlines refund policy provides you with a clear idea about getting refunds on your flights.
- Moreover, passengers can enjoy flexible rebooking with Singapore airlines.
- And their refund policy will make sure you don’t have to spend extra dollars from your pockets.
- Singapore Airlines passengers will get a full refund on their refundable fare tickets as long as they cancel them 24 hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure.
- However, for non-refundable fares, the airline will only refund your taxes.
- The airline will directly transfer these refunds to your original payment method.
- If you used a credit card, a refund would be provided to your credit card.
- Also, the refund policy applies when a passenger cancels his flight within 24 hours of the initial booking.
- In such cases, the airline will provide the passengers full refund of their original payment method.
- However, if more than 24 hours have passed from your initial flight booking time, you can receive travel credits after the penalty amount deduction.
- If you want to be exempt from all the hassles of flight cancellation and refund requests, the airline suggests that you change your flights.
- You can use the Singapore Airlines change flight service and request a flight change.
- Schedule your new flight as per your requirement with or without penalty based on your fare type and days left for the departure.
What Happened if Singapore Airlines Canceled my Flight?
Singapore Airlines never wants its passengers to feel disappointed in any way, and that’s why the airline makes sure they don’t miss out on anything.
- Even if your Singapore Airlines flight was canceled, the airline would definitely inform you in advance about it through Whatsapp, MobileApp push Notifications, or email.
- If you do not receive any of these, you can update your details in the airline’s manage booking section.
- Moreover, you do not have to fear anything when the cancellation hasn’t been voluntary from your end.
- If the airline ever cancels your flights, rest assured as you may receive a refund for the unused part of your Singapore airlines tickets.
- Moreover, as per the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy, the airline will first try to rebook your flight for you in their next consequent schedule to your destination.
- And if you do not want to do so, you can request a refund from the airline.
- Further, if your flight was originally scheduled to depart before 1st April 2021, and the airline canceled it, Don’t worry.
- If you inquire more, you may even be eligible for getting flight credits or bonuses.
- This statement is issued under Travel Waiver policy that covers the flights canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your flight bookings were via a travel agency or partner airline of Singapore Air, you can contact them directly if you need help with anything. Also, consider that several third-party agencies charge a certain amount on flight cancellation depending on the T&C of booking. Therefore, contact the airline directly to explore your options.
Read More Related Posts Here
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy
United Airlines Cancellation Policy
Sun Country Cancellation Policy
Frequent Asked Questions
What happens if Singapore airlines cancel your flight?
For flights canceled by Singapore Airlines, passengers need not worry as they can rebook their flights or receive a refund for the unused portions of the reservation. You will receive prior notification of flight cancellation via SMS, emails, and mobile app push notifications.
Can I cancel my Singapore Airlines flight?
One could cancel their Singapore Airlines ticket online and receive a refund according to fare rules if they bought it directly from the airline. If you’ve bought the reservation from a third-party website or travel agent, kindly contact them to cancel your flight.
How do I cancel my Singapore airlines flight?
Click the “cancel booking” link to cancel your Singapore Airlines flight. Further, you will be guided with a few to easy to follow steps. However, you can only cancel your ticket from official sources when you’ve bought them from any direct Singapore Airline source.
How much is the Singapore Airlines flight cancellation fee?
Cancellation or refund fees are imposed for certain tickets based on their fare conditions written under the Singapore Airlines flight cancellation policy. For canceling a non-refundable ticket, your entire booking fee will be charged, and the airline will refund only any applicable taxes.
What is the Singapore Airlines refund policy?
One could cancel their Singapore Airlines ticket online and receive a refund only when they’ve purchased it directly from Singapore Airlines on a refundable fare. To get the maximum refund on the refundable fare, kindly cancel it within the deadline, as stated in the fare conditions during purchase.
How long does a refund from Singapore Airlines take?
Singapore Airlines offers prompt refunds after receiving a successful refund application. It processes ticket refunds within seven business days for credit card purchases and within 20 business days for purchases made by cash or checks, along with charges for optional services.
Average rating: 0 reviews