Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy
The aviation industry has now achieved daily appreciation from people owing to modern technology involved for the convenience of passengers. Flights have become a favorite option for traveling nowadays. Besides this, airlines offer some incredible services to their passengers. One such airline is Singapore Airlines which is well-known for its great services like easy booking, decent Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, hassle-free check-in, etc. With this policy, you can cancel your booking from anywhere around the world.
Singapore Airlines covers 62 destinations and has a fleet size of 137. In the list of the best airline around the world, Skytrax ranks the airline in number one position. The major hub of the airline is Singapore Changi Airport. Singapore Airlines is a top-notch airline and you must consider it as your travel partner. If you are planning a trip, then make Singapore Airlines reservations to fly affordably.
Singapore Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Under the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 hours rule, you can cancel a Singapore airline and receive a full refund. These are the following conditions:
- Firstly, the flight must be arriving to/ departing from the United States of America.
- Also, you must cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- Further, you must purchase the ticket directly from Singapore Airlines.
- The refund would be available only when you directly cancel it from a local Singapore Airlines Office.
- Lastly, you must buy the ticket atleast 7 days before the flight’s departure.
The 24-hour rule is valid for all types of tickets despite their travel class. After that, the cancellation fee charge will depend upon your fare class.
Singapore Airlines Award Cancellation Policy
You must pay upto $75 to cancel your Singapore Airlines flight booked with KrisFlyer miles or priority club points. Youre miles will be redeposited automatically after you’ve canceled the flight. The charges depend upon your fare category:
|Cancellation/ Change||Saver (US$)||Advantage (US$)|
|Singapore Airlines / SilkAir Date Change||25||0|
|Singapore Airlines / SilkAir Route/ Cabin Class/ Award Type Change||25||25|
|Partner Airlines date/ route/ flight/ carrier change||50||Not Applicable|
|award tickets / Upgrades miles redeposit||75||50|
Note: As per the Singapore Airlines Cancellation and Reimbursement, passengers won’t get miles refund if they cancel a used/ partially used ticket. Hence, apply for cancellation only when you’ve not used your ticket.
Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy
Flights cancelled by Singapore airlines are eligible to receive compensation in the form of credits/ vouchers/ or alternative bookings. Hence, the Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy provides four options for its passengers:
- Book an alternative flight without any additional cost at your convenience.
- Get a refund for the unused portion when a Singapore Airlines flight is canceled.
- If flyers have traveler’s insurance, they can seek a claim against these cancelations.
- Lastly, flyers can ask for bonus flight credits that they can use later to book flights with Singapore Airlines.
Hence, ensure you have proper evidence that the flight’s cancellation affected you. If you did not receive prior notice from Singapore airlines regarding the flight’s cancellation, you are eligible to receive more compensation.
Singapore Airlines Delay Compensation
As passenger rights, you are entitled to compensation when Singapore airline delays your flight. As per EC 261, all Singapore Airlines originating from the EU will compensate their passengers as per the distance traveled by plane.
When the flight arrives late by 3+ hours, the following compensation rate applies:
|Domestic and international ||Less than 1500 km||€250|
|Intra community flights||1500 km – 3500 km||€400|
|International and domestic|| 3500km||€600|
- When your flight was delayed on arrival by more than 3 hours, but before 4 hours, the compensation amount you will receive will be half of what you have obtained otherwise. Singapore Airlines Cancellation and reimbursement policy don’t cover extraordinary circumstances.
- The Singapore Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation amount is the same as provided in case of flight delays.
Make Seamless Cancellation with Singapore Airlines
Nobody in this world wants to cancel his/her booking after confirming it, but life is not in our control. For these kinds of situations, you must be aware of the cancellation policy of the airline. The cancellation policy of Singapore Airlines is completely user-friendly. If you are familiar with the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, you can claim your refund easily.
How Much Is The Singapore Airlines Cancellation Fee?
Flight cancellation fee at Singapore Airlines starts at $100 and goes as high as $300 for a ticket. Also, the charges depend upon the fare category you’ve picked for your journey.
|Economy Class||Can’t cancel||$250||$300|
Also, there is a separate cancellation fee for award tickets. For example, no-show and reimbursement fees are applied together, and only the refund left after these deductions are given to you.
While canceling a flight ticket, there are many questions that come to everyone’s mind such as-
- How can I cancel my booking?
- How much does it cost to cancel a flight?
- Am I eligible for a refund?
- Will I be charged a cancellation fee?
To clear all these questions here are some points related to the cancellation policy of the airline.
- Like all other airlines, you can cancel your reservation without any charges within 24 hours of the initial purchase.
- If anyone is canceling his/her booking after 24 hours, then he/she will be penalized.
- Singapore Airlines cancellation fee depends upon the ticket class you purchased, and not on the cabin class you are traveling to.
- If you didn’t board your flight and you didn’t even cancel your ticket, then the no-show policy will be applied to your entire itinerary.
- The No-show fee of the airline depends upon your travel class.
- This 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- Singapore Airlines’ cancellation policy is accessible 24/7, which means you are allowed to cancel your current booking at any time of the day.
- If you have made a booking through a travel agent, then you have to contact him for the cancellation.
- Passengers who have flown some parts of the itinerary and now want to cancel all other bookings, then they can do it from the “Manage to book” section available on the airline’s official site.
- If you have added insurance to your travel at the time of booking, then you can save more money as compared to other passengers.
This was all about the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy. Passengers must go through all these points if they are thinking of canceling a flight ticket.
How to Cancel Singapore Airlines Tickets Online?
Flight cancellation is another thing after ticket booking that is majorly searched by passengers. Before starting the cancellation process, you must have known each fact related to the Singapore Airlines cancellation policy.
Below are the steps to cancel your existing booking on the airline’s official site.
- Open the official site of Singapore Airlines.
- From all the available options, click on the “Manage booking” option to proceed further.
- After this, enter your booking reference number.
- Now, fill in the last name of the passenger (as in passport), and click on the “Manage to book” tab.
- Select the booking you wish to cancel and make click on the “cancel booking” link.
- Implement certain steps as per the on-screen prompts and confirm your cancellation within no time.
Everyone wants deeply detailed information about Singapore Airlines Booking and for this contact the airline representatives via its phone number. They will provide you the useful and good information about the same. The agents are available round the clock so that passengers can get immediate assistance whenever they require it. Reach out to the air travel experts and seek their guidance to cancel your booking.
Apart from this easy cancellation, the airline also offers other incredible services to its passengers like smooth Singapore Airlines check-in, with which passengers can check in for their scheduled flight without any additional effort.
Singapore Airlines Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your scheduled flight, then you must have an idea regarding the refund policy of the airline.
- To get a full refund on your canceled ticket, make sure that you are canceling your purchase within 24 hours of booking.
- Make sure that your reservation has been made seven days or more before the flight departure.
- Cancel your booking from the official site of the airline for a full refund, if you have purchased it directly from the airline, on a refundable fare.
- If any passenger is canceling a non-refundable ticket, then the airline will only refund the taxes as per the Singapore Airlines cancellation refund policy.
- Cancel your booking within a given deadline to qualify for the refund.
- Promo tickets of the airline are non-refundable as they are discounted tickets.
- The amount of refund depends upon your destination, the class of tickets, and days prior to the flight departure.
- A refund will be sent to all passengers on the debit card or credit card they used to confirm their reservation.
All these are the main points of the refund policy of the airline.
How do I Get a Refund from Singapore Airlines?
- Singapore Airlines allows you to cancel your flights for a refund if you bought a refundable fare ticket from their official website.
- If you already canceled or wish to cancel your flight booking, you must know how to obtain a refund.
- The Singapore airlines refund policy provides you with a clear idea about getting refunds on your flights.
- Moreover, passengers can enjoy flexible rebooking with Singapore airlines.
- And their refund policy will make sure you don’t have to spend extra dollars from your pockets.
- Singapore Airlines passengers will get a full refund on their refundable fare tickets as long as they cancel them 24 hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure.
- However, for non-refundable fares, the airline will only refund your taxes.
- The airline will directly transfer these refunds to your original payment method.
- If you used a credit card, a refund would be provided to your credit card.
- Also, the refund policy applies when a passenger cancels his flight within 24 hours of the initial booking.
- In such cases, the airline will provide the passengers full refund of their original payment method.
- However, if more than 24 hours have passed from your initial flight booking time, you can receive travel credits after the penalty amount deduction.
- If you want to be exempt from all the hassles of flight cancellation and refund requests, the airline suggests that you change your flights.
- You can use the Singapore Airlines change flight service and request a flight change.
- Schedule your new flight as per your requirement with or without penalty based on your fare type and days left for the departure.
What Happened if Singapore Airlines Canceled my Flight?
Singapore Airlines never wants its passengers to feel disappointed in any way, and that’s why the airline makes sure they don’t miss out on anything.
- Even if your Singapore Airlines flight was canceled, the airline would definitely inform you in advance about it through Whatsapp, MobileApp push Notifications, or email.
- If you do not receive any of these, you can update your details in the airline’s manage booking section.
- Moreover, you do not have to fear anything when the cancellation hasn’t been voluntary from your end.
- If the airline ever cancels your flights, rest assured as you may receive a refund for the unused part of your Singapore airlines tickets.
- Moreover, as per the Singapore airlines cancellation policy, the airline will first try to rebook your flight for you in their next consequent schedule to your destination.
- And if you do not want to do so, you can request a refund from the airline.
- Further, if your flight was originally scheduled to depart before 1st April 2021, and the airline canceled it, Don’t worry.
- If you inquire more, you may even be eligible for getting flight credits or bonuses.
- This statement is issued under Travel Waiver policy that covers the flights canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your flight bookings were via a travel agency or partner airline of Singapore Air, you can contact them directly if you need help with anything. Also, consider that several third-party agencies charge a certain amount on flight cancellations depending on the T&C of booking. Therefore, contact the airline directly to explore your options.