We all know flight cancellations and refunds are quite expensive, especially when there is a lack of clarity. However, British Airways cancellation policy allows you to cancel a flight and receive full refunds under certain conditions. If your plans have changed, you can modify them or cancel the entire itinerary within 24 hours of booking for free.
If you’ve booked a flight on British Airways’ official website and want to cancel beyond the 24 hours charge-free policy, you must pay a service fee and cancellation fee, as per your fare type.
Read below to find out how the British Airways cancellation refund process works.
British Airways Cancellation Policy
- Cancel your BA flight within 24 hours from the original booking to get a 100% refund.
- Also, the facility is applicable only for bookings made directly with British Airways.
- Passengers can call customer service to file refund requests under the 24-hour policy.
- However, bookings through Avios points can be canceled online.
- Lastly, holiday bookings are not a part of this facility.
British Airways Cancelation Policy charges won’t apply to your booking for 24 hours. However, passengers must contact the agents for travel agents and third-party bookings.
British Airways Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
The BA cancellation policy allows passengers with COVID-affected flights to cancel their bookings and get a voucher having a validity of 12 months. They can preserve the value of their ticket and use it for future flights.
- Bookings made before June 7, 2022, are eligible for COVID relief cancellation.
- Passengers can complete their trip by September 30, 2022.
- The airline will cancel the existing booking.
- A cancellation fee won’t apply, but travelers must pay the fare difference.
- Travelers can use the British airways cancellation policy vouchers partially/ fully.
- You will automatically receive the voucher if your ticket is eligible for it.
For ticket purchases through travel agents, kindly contact them directly for COVID-related assistance.
British Airways Cancellation Due To Illness/ Death:
British air cancellation policy for deaths and severe illness applies to passengers or their close relatives having BA flight tickets.
- Passengers won’t have to pay cancellation/ service fees for cancellations due to bereavement or severe illness of a passenger or close relative.
- However, the traveler must submit documentary proof to support illness or death.
- Lastly, they must submit the documents within 45 days of canceling the ticket to receive a refund in the original form of payment.
How Do I Cancel My British Airways Flight Online?
You can cancel British airways flights online by visiting the website only when you’ve booked the ticket through official BA channels: customer service and the official website.
- Visit the official website britishairways.com
- Further, go to the manage menu and find my booking form.
- Enter the booking reference and last name of the passenger.
- Click find my booking and check your ticket details.
- To cancel this flight, kindly log in to your account.
Lastly, the passenger has to pay the British airways cancellation fee and service fee depending upon their flight’s flexibility and fare conditions. The more restrictive fare, the higher the cancellation charges.
How Do I Cancel a British Airways Flight Via Phone?
You can cancel BA flights offline through customer service assistance also. When the website is facing issues, or you don’t have access to the internet, canceling a ticket through phone is a viable option.
- Visit the help and contacts section after scrolling down the official website.
- Further, go to the Contact information.
- Click all other inquiries and find telephone numbers and addresses.
- Find the number of your preferred country customer service.
- Otherwise, you can also find the number regarding your necessary service.
- Dial 0344 493 0787 and press 2 between 08:00-20:00 to cancel your ticket.
Follow the IVR guidelines and speak to a representative once the call connects. Provide all booking details, and they will inform you of the British Airways flight cancellation policy charges and service fee. Pay the fee to cancel your existing ticket.
Do I Get a Refund If I Cancel My British Airways Flight?
When you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking the ticket, the British Airways cancellation policy awards you a 100% refund in your original form of payment. You have the right to cancel within 24 hours for free through the BA customer service. Also, Avios bookings holders can use this facility via the official website to claim their refund.
British Airways Cancellation Flight Fees
British Airways Cancellation fee policy charges cancellation and service fees on every canceled ticket, per the fare conditions. BA offers three types of tickets:
- The most flexible fare: One which allows changes free of charge
- Moderate flexible: One which will enable changes but with a charge
- Non-refundable: One which doesn’t allow changes
Passengers must pay €15- €40 as a cancellation service fee. The service fee for canceling your BA flight is as follows:
|Allows changes For Free||Allows Changes with a fee||Doesn’t allow changes|
|Cancel ticket online||€15||15||€15|
|Cancel booking via phone||€30||30||€30|
|Visit the airport office to cancel booking||€40||40||€40|
The charges mentioned above are applicable as per British airways cancellation policy UK. Also, these are only the service fee, and you must pay the cancellation fee separately. Kindly visit the website to learn more about the cost of canceling a flight in your country.
Read more Blogs:
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
JetBlue Cancellation Policy
Volaris Cancellation Policy
Frontier airlines cancellation policy
Emirates cancellation policy
Southwest cancellation policy
Klm cancellation policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Are British Airways giving refunds for Cancelled flights?
You can ask for British Airways Compensation Policy for Delayed and Cancelled Flights if your flight is delayed or canceled involuntarily. Kindly visit the Manage my bookings page and look for suitable options. Call the travel agent for third-party bookings to claim your refund.
Can I cancel my BA flight due to Covid?
With BA covid cancellation policy, you can cancel a ticket due for travel by 30 September 2022 and receive a voucher against its original value. The 100% amount is valid for 1 year from the issued voucher date. However, your ticket must be booked on or before 7 June 2022.
What is British airways cancellation policy for booked with points?
Avios award flights leaving in less than 24 hours can’t be canceled. Otherwise, the airlines will charge you 35 British pounds for canceling an award ticket and refund the remaining amount as points back into your account. If a flight is less than 35 British pounds, the cancellation fee would be the entire booking amount with the service fee.