Do you wish to enjoy the luxury of the UAE on your air journey at your favorite seat? If so, you need to know more about Etihad seat selection and use this facility in the best possible way. Pick your seats early with different fare classes at this premium air carrier.
You may prefer a window seat or a chair with extra legroom in the economy class. Whatever your preference, Etihad has something to offer. Book timely so you know which seat will suit your needs.
Read below and learn when you would have to pay and when you can get a seat for free!
Can I Select My Seat On The Etihad Flight?
With the Etihad seat selection policy, anyone can book their seats without or without paying a fee. Payment for your chair depends upon the flight distance and fare category you have opted for.
Business and first-class passengers on Etihad have more flexibility when choosing their seats. The degree to select seats on Etihad in the economy varies, as it has many sub-categories. For example:
- Space: Select a seat on Etihad with extra legroom and more space to relax.
- Standard: select a seat on Etihad for free when the check-in window opens. Reserve it upto one hour before your flight takes off.
- Neighbor-free: Book upto 3 chairs in a row if you are worried about your health and wellness. The window to book these seats opens up between 72-4 hours before the flight takes off.
Choose any chair from the seat map, and you will surely receive that seat.
How Do You Select Your Seat On The Etihad Flight?
Reserve your chair with Etihad seat selection by talking to an Etihad global contact center agent, when checking in, or before/ after you buy their ticket.
Via Etihad Customer Service:
- Firstly, dial the Etihad travel agent number 1 (877) 690-0767 and let the IVR guide you.
- Please wait for your turn until they connect you to a 24/7 live travel agent.
- Tell them about your desired flight, the number of guests, class of travel, and other specifications.
- After that, inform them about your desired chair, and they will check if it is available or not.
- As per the distance and fare category, know the cost behind your seat.
Lastly, pay to choose seats on Etihad, and you will receive a confirmation mail. The UAE-based airline has a higher success rate for allotting seats. However, you can always ask for a refund if you don’t get the desired seat type.
While You Choose A Ticket On Etihad Airlines:
- Initially, go to the booking page section of the air carrier.
- After that, enter the basic details to filter out results. For example: flight type, departure & arrival airports, and dates.
- Pick your desired flight and go forward by adding personal details. For example, first name, last name, etc.
- Afterward, the Etihad seat selection option will show up. Click that button and view the interactive seat map for free.
- Next, the final payment chargeable will show up when you finalize your chair.
Lastly, purchase the ticket and get seated as you desire when you board your flight.
You can also go to manage your bookings option and buy a seat after buying a ticket with Etihad. Otherwise, it is easy to pick a seat for free from the available chairs when you check in for your flight.
How Much Is The Etihad Seat Selection Fee?
Select seats on Etihad Airways Economy Standard seats for only $10. However, the cost to reserve may depend upon route, fare, and date of fixing the seat.
- As per the preferred fare category, passengers can pay to fix a standard economy seat for themselves right from the time they have bought their ticket.
- Furthermore, the economy standard chair passengers can book a seat on Etihad airlines by paying anywhere between $10 to $30. The charge depends upon the flying route.
- Besides, travelers can reserve their chairs for free from available options. For this, they need to use the online check-in window that opens 30 hours before the flight takes off.
- Etihad Airways seat selection is open for economy standard flyers for upto one hour before the flight takes off.
- Also, you can get more legroom, which starts from $30. This charge can go upto $180, depending upon your route and flight.
- If you wish to choose neighbor economy seats, you have start a bid.
You can always ask for a refund if you didn’t receive the desired seat. However, if they have provided the same type of seat on a different row, you are not entitled to a refund.
What Is The Difference Between Economy Space And Economy Standard In Etihad Flights?
Are you browsing through different options in Etihad seat selection? If so, you must compare the two most popular economy class categories and make the final decision.
- Standard seats offer 31 inches of legroom, whereas space seats offer upto 5” more room.
- In the economy section, it has marked all its exit row seats as space seats.
- The meal options in both categories are almost the same.
This comparison suggests that the only difference between sub-categories of economy seats is that you get more legroom in the space version.
Read More Blogs: