Are you willing to opt for a flight earlier than your current one? Book standby flights on American and make it possible. Flying Standby on American Airlines Reservations means that you can get a chance to take an earlier flight than your initially scheduled one. Being a major low-cost carrier, American Airlines delivers wonderful services to every customer.
Among its several customer-oriented services, providing standby ticket reservations is the most beneficial one. This service is applicable for passengers who apply for a same-day flight change. They have to pay a 75 USD fee, and they’ll get a seat on a different flight by standby service. In case they do not get the seat confirmation, the 75 USD fee is refunded to them.
Steps to Fly American Airlines Standby
- At Least 24 to 48 prior to your flight, Contact American Airlines live person and get to know if you are eligible for a standby ticket purchase or not.
- Inform your concern for wanting a standby flight and mention the journey date.
- The expert agent will check the flight availability and inform you.
- After that reach the airport as early as you can on the day of your flight’s departure,
- Provide your ID with a Printed document of your itinerary and inform the agent you wish for a standby(earlier flight).
- The agent will look into your flight reservation details and provide you an earlier one, if possible, with a confirmed seat (incurring an additional charge).
- Take the boarding pass for standby from the gate agent and further go to the soonest flight.
- If there’s no seat on the soonest flight American Airlines reservations will automatically transfer your name to the standby list of the next flight available.
- Now select a flight and inform the agent to book this standby flight and make payment accordingly.
Depending on the standby flight availability, American Airlines will approve your standby flight. You can get standby tickets by following a few tips from the airline. Just remember to request a standby flight as early as you can and try to avoid taking checked baggage with you.
If you are a member of the American Airlines AAdvantage miles program in elite status, you will not be charged any amount for the standby flights. For further information on standby flights, you can dial the given American Airlines Telefono and obtain the necessary help from the airline experts.