Are you willing to opt for a flight earlier than your current one? Book standby flights on American and make it possible. Flying Standby on American Airlines Reservations means that you can get a chance to take an earlier flight than your initially scheduled one. Being a major low-cost carrier, American Airlines delivers wonderful services to every customer.
Among its several customer-oriented services, providing standby ticket reservations is the most beneficial one. This service is applicable for passengers who apply for a same-day flight change. They have to pay a 75 USD fee, and they’ll get a seat on a different flight by standby service. In case they do not get the seat confirmation, the 75 USD fee is refunded to them.
How to be put on Standby for American Airlines?
Here we have gathered some tips and tricks to follow to get on this list easily:
- Firstly, try to be on Standby on American Airlines flights as soon as possible.
- Passengers can get a confirmed seat after they are put on the American Airlines standby list. Also, keep minimal baggage and travel with carry-ons only to avoid delays by checked baggage.
- Besides, you can join the AAdvantage status program to get flexibility for early and later same-day standby flights.
- Lastly, getting on the standby list is hassle-free if you have multiple travel date options.
Elite members of AAdvantage don’t need to pay a fee to get standby flight tickets.
How To Get On American Airlines Standby List For Free?
One can fly standby on American Airlines by paying a fee of upto $75. However, these category of travelers get waiver for same day flight change fee:
- AAdvantage elite/ executive platinum/ platinum/ gold members.
- Unrestricted economy class travelers (Y class service).
- Active US Military personnel traveling on personal level/ orders.
- AAnytime Awards for economy/ business/ first class flyers and MileSAAver Awards for first/ business class.
- Flyers of choice plus fare.
- AAirpass and Oneworld Alliance members with Emerald, Sapphire, or Ruby status.
Lastly, flying standby on American Airlines is free for passengers having the same reservation as any AAdvantage executive/ platinum/ gold/ Oneworld member, regardless of flying status or fare type.
How Much Is The American Airlines Standby Cost?
To fly standby on American Airlines, you must pay $150 as a service fee. However, here are some cases where you can get a $75 flight change discount:
- Firstly, ensure that you inform the reservations team before departure time that you wish for standby flights on American Airlines.
- Hence, if standby is available, it will get them a $75 discount on a regular charge of $150.
- Lastly, you will also receive any fare difference (in the form of credits) if the new fare is lower. You have to pay the difference if it’s higher to confirm your seat.
The key to getting cheap/ free standby flights on American Airlines is to inform customer service in advance.
Steps to Fly American Airlines Standby
- At Least 24 to 48 prior to your flight, Contact American Airlines live person and get to know if you are eligible for a standby ticket purchase or not.
- Inform your concern for wanting a standby flight and mention the journey date.
- The expert agent will check the flight availability and inform you.
- After that reach the airport as early as you can on the day of your flight’s departure,
- Provide your ID with a Printed document of your itinerary and inform the agent you wish for a standby(earlier flight).
- The agent will look into your flight reservation details and provide you an earlier one, if possible, with a confirmed seat (incurring an additional charge).
- Take the boarding pass for standby from the gate agent and further go to the soonest flight.
- If there’s no seat on the soonest flight American Airlines reservations will automatically transfer your name to the standby list of the next flight available.
- Now select a flight and inform the agent to book this standby flight and make payment accordingly.
Depending on the standby flight availability, American Airlines will approve your standby flight. You can get standby tickets by following a few tips from the airline. Just remember to request a standby flight as early as you can and try to avoid taking checked baggage with you.
If you are a member of the American Airlines AAdvantage miles program in elite status, you will not be charged any amount for the standby flights. For further information on standby flights, you can dial the given American Airlines Telefono and obtain the necessary help from the airline experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does American allow standby?
Anyone can be on a standby list for an earlier flight. However, only AAdvantage status members can switch to a later flight on the same day. Also, the confirmation of these seats depends upon availability on the next flight.
What does standby mean for American Airlines?
The American’s standby policy lets you reserve a seat on another flight if the same-day switch is available. However, if it isn’t available, you can ask for a standby to an earlier flight with the same-day standby option available.
How do I know if I’m on standby American Airlines?
Q: How do I view the airport standby list? A: Passengers must first place a request to check the standby list. One can view this list by clicking the flight information once you select the green bar. If you are already at the airport, kindly contact an agent to get you on the standby list.
How are standby seats assigned American Airlines?
Firstly, go to the main gate for the next available flight if seats aren’t available on your first flight. Usually, you will automatically be transferred to the American Airlines standby list for the upcoming flight. There isn’t a need to get panicked.