Did you know that some airlines do not allow you to cancel your flight? For example, the Ryanair Cancellation Policy lets you change flights even when departure timing is near, but it won’t let you cancel any reservation. Passengers flying for the first time or less frequent flyers may not know about this.
Under exceptional cases, for instance, when Ryanair cancels the flight, you will get a full refund in the original form of payment. Also, if your scheduled flight is delayed by less than 5 hours, you can’t cancel it and receive a refund.
Let’s review how to cancel Ryanair flights and their conditions.
Ryanair Flight Cancellation Policy
Ryanair’s cancellation policy doesn’t allow you to cancel a flight. However, it lets you change your flight to 2.5 hours before its departure. Policy details:
- You cannot cancel a Ryanair flight after booking; only changes are allowed.
- You can use the return ticket without additional charges if you don’t show up for a round-trip flight.
- You can’t change the type of flight from domestic to international.
- Also, changes aren’t applicable individually in a multi-person reservation.
However, you can only cancel a flight with the air carrier under exceptional circumstances. These conditions are:
- When Ryanair cancels the flight, you get the option to reschedule or receive a 100% refund.
- When your flight is delayed by more than 5 hours, you can seek cancellation.
- If there is an event of bereavement of an immediate member, whether or not they were part of the journey, you can seek cancellation.
- The flight can be canceled when a traveler falls severely ill/ dies due to travel. However, Ryanair will use its discretion.
In all other situations, Ryanair cancellations would be fruitless as there is no refund of the booking amount. Kindly talk to customer service experts to determine if your ticket is eligible for changes or cancellations.
Ryanair Cancellation Policy Within 24 Hours
Ryanair Cancellation Policy 24 Hours allows you to modify your booking for free within 24 hours of purchasing a flight ticket from the airline. After the 24-hour grace period, you have to pay a fee to change your flight, and there is no option to cancel the flight. Policy details
- Passengers buying tickets directly from Ryanair’s portal are eligible for the 24-hour grace period.
- Within 24 hours of reservation, you can change the date, time, or any other minor error of your flight ticket.
- After this period, you have to pay a fee of €/£45 or €/£60 per passenger per leg of the journey.
- Besides, you can also swap the arrival and departure destinations.
- However, you must pay the fare difference, if any.
Lastly, if the new fare is lower than your previous flight, the airline won’t process any refund for the difference. Talk to someone at Ryanair customer services to find out your eligibility for flight change/ cancellation.
How To Cancel A Ryanair Flight?
If your ticket is eligible for cancellation, you must pay the Ryanair Ticket Cancellation Fee and service charges. There are two methods to cancel your ticket:
Steps to Cancel A Ryanair Flight via Official Website
- Firstly, visit the official domain of ryanair.com from a safe browser.
- Next, go to Manage booking → Manage Your Trip.
- Further, enter ticket details to retrieve your booking.
- After that, check its eligibility for cancellation and full refund.
- Otherwise, you won’t receive any booking fee if it isn’t eligible.
- You can now choose the cancel booking or change your flight option.
- If you decide to change your flight, you will see a search new flight option.
Finally, amend the date and select new journey details. Confirm these changes and enter the payment details. Click the pay now option and receive new journey details in your email.
If your ticket were eligible for cancellation under the Ryanair Cancellation Policy, you would receive a partial/ full refund in your original form of payment or Ryanair wallet.
Via Ryanair Customer Service
Speak to someone at Ryanair Customer Service to cancel your ticket through a live person by dialing the official phone number +353 15825932. The line is open as follows:
|Monday||Friday||9 AM -7 PM CET|
|Saturday||–||9 AM -6PM CET|
|Sunday||–||10 AM -6PM CET|
Kindly check out the official website of Ryan Airlines for customer service in other countries by visiting the contact us option in the help center.
Ryanair Flight Refund Policy
Ryanair Cancellation Policy lets passengers claim refunds under some exceptional cases. As per the policy discussion earlier, you can’t cancel a flight with this airline. Hence, refund requests are also rare since you must be approved to cancel your booking.
Ryanair Refund Policy conditions:
- Flight cancellation or change: When the airline has canceled the flight, you can claim a full refund or schedule another flight for free.
- Flight delay for more than 5 hours: In case of Delayed Flights (5+ hours), you can ask for Ryanair Cancellation Compensation in the form of a full fare refund without any charges.
- Refund In Case of Serious Illness: Subject to documentary evidence sent before the travel date, the airlines can consider the case to provide a free flight change or a 100% fare refund.
- Government Tax Refund: As per Ryanair’s booking cancellation policy, airfare and other charges are non-refundable. But if you haven’t been on the flight, you can file a refund request for government tax within 1 month of the travel date.
- Refund for the Death of a customer/ close family member: If you do not intend to travel during difficult times, kindly request a refund within 28 days of your planned flight date. Ryanair will process the request even when the Death is related to someone who isn’t on the reservation.
Kindly visit the official website to know who are considered Immediate family members as per Ryanair Cancellation Policy to place cancellation and refund requests.
What Are The Documents Required To Cancel Ryanair Flight Tickets Online?
As mentioned earlier, the Ryanair Cancellation Policy lets you cancel tickets only under limited circumstances. In these cases, you also need to present the documents mentioned below to process a refund against your cancellation swiftly.
- Keep the flight reservation number and other booking details ready.
- Also, provide the death certificate of the deceased and any documents that prove your relationship with them.
- Other suitable/ applicable documentary evidence.
- Lastly, a confirmation regarding people eligible for full/ partial refunds against cancellations.
To place your Ryanair flight booking cancellations and refund requests, you can talk to someone at customer service or visit the official refund page on the website.
Read Related Article Here: Ryanair telefono España
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel and refund my Ryanair flight?
Ryan’s cancellation policy has a provision for cancellation of tickets only in case of bereavement of a family member and other exceptional circumstances. Hence, you can’t cancel a flight once booked. When the flight is operational, and there isn’t a delay of more than 5 hours, you can’t seek a refund on Ryanair booking.
How much is Ryanair cancellation fee?
When changing online, you can change your flight at Ryanair for €/£45 per person per leg of the journey. Or, pay €/£60 per person per leg of the trip when seeking assistance from an agent. Fare difference also applies. Ryanair doesn’t offer flight cancellations for any of their bookings.
How long after booking Can I cancel a flight Ryanair?
You can’t cancel a flight with Ryanair, as it doesn’t offer any cancellation on any of its flights. Under exceptional cases, such as the bereavement of an immediate member or flight delays exceeding 5 hours, you can cancel a flight and ask for a refund.
Can I cancel a Ryanair flight within 24 hours of booking?
Ryanair offers 24 hours grace period for changing flights for those who have booked tickets directly from the official website. They can use it to correct any minor mistake-free of cost. The 24-hour policy doesn’t offer any other benefit. Besides, you also need to pay any applicable fare difference.
Can I cancel a Ryanair flight and get a voucher?
Yes, indeed. Those affected due to COVID-19 can seek cash refunds, flight vouchers, and free moves. If you’ve successfully canceled your booking with Ryanair, you will receive the refund in your Ryanair wallet. You can withdraw this refund to your original form of payment or use the wallet fund to make a new booking.