Have your travel plans changed recently due to something you had no idea about? Don’t worry; the Austrian Airlines change flight program ensures that any turn of events doesn’t increase the cost of your trip.
In the change flight facility of the Austrian carrier, you can rebook your tickets to an alternative date. However, only desktop users can make such changes. There are many other hidden rules that you need to be aware of.
Read the subtopics below to learn how this facility works and how it can benefit you.
How Do I Change My Flight Date On Austrian Airlines?
For Austrian Airlines change flight date, open “my bookings” from the official website and head to the area where you have to fill in other personal details. Read the procedure to learn how to modify the date online:
- Initially, open the official website of the Austrian carrier from your desktop (they may not be currently supporting this function on their mobile app).
- Afterward, go to the Manage Flight option and head to the booking area.
- Enter details such as the passenger’s last name, booking confirmation number, etc., and press the search button.
- After that, you will see your Austrian rebooking with those details. Here onwards, choose the change flight date option.
- A calendar will appear where you can select your new dates with the same itinerary.
- You may have to pay the change in fare prices when you head to the payment gateway.
- Upon booking your new flight, the previous one will automatically cancel.
Lastly, you will receive a confirmation message on your contact details along with a new e-ticket. Otherwise, you can also talk to the customer service agents at Austrian Airlines. They will help you with rebooking flights, changing dates, and other flight-related services.
Basic Cancellation Rules For Austrian Airlines Flight Change:
Usually, you have to cancel your current flight to change the bookings. You will know when you are eligible for a refund, and it will save your precious money: Here are some rules to the modifications that you must learn.
- If you cancel/ change your booking within 24 hours of purchase (minimum 7 days before scheduled departure), you will receive a 100% refund. There is no charge against such cancellations.
- However, you would still have to pay any change in fare that may arise due to an increase or decrease in the ticket cost. Also, if the new ticket is less priced, you may get a refund in credits.
- For tickets bought via travel agents, passengers must get in touch with them for a flight change as Austrian Airlines won’t be responsible directly.
- If you apply for a change after 24 hours of booking, you might need to pay additional charges depending upon fare type and distance to the destination.
For a change in destination, we suggest you contact Austrian Airlines travel agents via the customer service phone number.
What Is The Austrian Rebooking Fee?
To modify your bookings with Austrian, you first need to cancel your previous ticket with the airline. It is the usual procedure for making major changes to your booking. You can rebook a flight and change its arrival or departure till two hours before its scheduled departure.
However, when you make these changes, you might have to pay Austrian airlines change flight date fee. As per your case, one of these fee rules would apply to you.
- 24 hours before scheduled departure: 100% of the original fare forfeited.
- 2-14 days before the flight’s departure: 20% of the original fare forfeited.
- 15-29 days before scheduled take-off: 10% of the original fare forfeited.
- 30 days before the flight’s take-off: No charge applicable.
Note that the minimum cancellation and Austrian rebooking fee is €30 for adults and children. You can rebook the flights for infants for free.
How Can I Enquire About Rebooking From Austrian Airlines?
Look for the “contact form rebooking” on the official website. Fill out the form and get details regarding the change of Austrian Airlines flights for your ticket.
- Initially, look for the contact form for enquiring about rebooking flights on the Austrian’s website.
- Once they find this form, they must fill in the applicant’s details.
- Further, scroll down and enter details regarding current bookings and passenger data.
- Besides, check the next section of the form where you need to enter austrian airlines change flight details for new bookings.
- After that, in the message and attachment box, add the fare type and other details you wish for your journey. For attachment, you can add your previous e-ticket.
Finally, validate the changes and click the checkbox. The Austrian Agents will get back to you with details and alternatives for your desired rebookings.